Ugh!!! Weird results changing jets and other mysteries.

I just pick up the tail of the bike and push down on the pedal, like a half turn.
Ive never even tried starting that way...My fat butt is stitting on it as im going down the road letting out the clutch...lol...DAMIEN

And my road is a gravel road until i hit the main paved road at the end of mine...lol.

I just pick up the tail of the bike and push down on the pedal, like a half turn.
Ive never even tried starting that way...My fat butt is stitting on it as im going down the road letting out the clutch...lol...DAMIEN

And my road is a gravel road until i hit the main paved road at the end of mine...lol.
Man , lately if I didn't pedal start my bike I might not get any exercise, I gotta get back on the mountain bike , lose my pandemic pregnancy weight.

Some engines can take a lot of pedaling and turning over to start , my first two bikes started within a block , my last bike , a zeda triple 40 , stock , took a solid 45 mins of trying to start .
It wasn't set up right then. I've never had one take more than a few trys, even the high compression ones. Hard time starting is usually lean, unless you're just peeing fuel out the pipe. These suckers will fire up richer than Bill Gates.

Some engines can take a lot of pedaling and turning over to start , my first two bikes started within a block , my last bike , a zeda triple 40 , stock , took a solid 45 mins of trying to start .
Yea that’s not normal brother. I don’t even have to pedal more than 50 ft if that. I’m running on engine by the end of the driveway.

Just like Chainlube said I just pick up the rear and kick start it, even cold starting. Setup being properly worked out and good tune allows for easy starting every time all the time.

Thanks for showing that, just shows how easy it should be.

All the new builders should know that it doesn't get that way without a little tuning know how, you'll have to pedal it some to make sure it's setup right at first. One other newbie tip, don't just throw parts at it, if it's not starting, there's a reason.

It wasn't set up right then. I've never had one take more than a few trys, even the high compression ones. Hard time starting is usually lean, unless you're just peeing fuel out the pipe. These suckers will fire up richer than Bill Gates.
It was a new build , it was late when I finished tried for 20 min ,went to bed , woke 20 mins later was running . I should have specified it was a new engine . No way would I subject myself to that everyday without fixing the issue.

It was a new build , it was late when I finished tried for 20 min ,went to bed , woke 20 mins later was running . I should have specified it was a new engine . No way would I subject myself to that everyday without fixing the issue.
Makes sense then. Lol. New ones are always a little finiky till it all seats in.

Back