Ughhh!!!!

Local time
2:40 PM
So if what the he'll happened but I'm just absolutely furious with this motor ..... Ok well for awhile it was running good ....then today first i lost my idle screw which effed me up a bit...then while im ridding it just starts going slower and slower until it does while I'm holding it at full throttel... Then i try to start it it makes a loud screeching noise like the clutch is effd up.. Anyone have any ideas.i know to try adjusting the clutch but that doesn't explain the motor petering out slowly. Any ideas....I guess it was a bad idea to buy this thing and yhink it would be at all dependable....If i were to go with a 4 stroke would that be more dependable or is there any of these motors that are dependable....Im literally sick over it ...It made me late for work and basically lose my job ..

Could be one of the circlips broke off the wrist pin and jammed itself between piston and chamber, could be crank bearing seized up, could be a piston ring snapped...won't know what happened until you dig into it.

As far as reliability the 4stroke is much more dependable than 2stroke, and e-bike is most reliable of them all besides pedaling lol!

4 strokes are very dependable. If you have everything bolted up properly with blue or red loctite, aligned chain, and good oil with regular maintenance it will last a long time with a average top speed of about 30mph(49cc) (60ishmph(212cc)harder to fit on frame.)

How about a 79cc? Speedwise
RPM is what limits the bigger 4strokes speed wise. Great TQ, but lack of RPMs when stock usually means slower speeds than a modded 2stroke. You can only gear so much to make up for it without ruining the clutch from insufficient gearing.

With the governor removed and some simple mods they are quick, but the 79cc doesn't have nearly the aftermarket as the massive 212 so don't expect many off the shelf parts for them.

Back