UK can I ride my ht cutter legally

Jimmyjimjam

Local time
8:32 AM
Does anyone know if you can ride this on the road in the UK. There are alot of resources but I didn't see one for the uk

as far as im aware no they are not legal. i'm in ireland but european law supercedes any uk or irish laws and eu laws say not legal , the only power assisted bikes that are legal must be 250watts or less cannot exceed 20km/h and must have a sensor on the crank that disengages the motor when not pedaling.

Thankyou zipping round. Not the best news I've had. Do you know what's needed in order to retain my law abiding citizenship :(

Citizenship to Ireland? With brexit looming you won't be in the Eu anymore and so can use whatever English laws are applicable , I got stopped one day and just spouted the old irish laws and was left on my way just depends on the kind of cop you get. What you can do is register the bike as a moped , but is a long process and must have everything a scooter that's road legal has and must be tested .

Putting loads off extras like indicators and that is a load of weight which will just kill all the joy. It started strait up this morning. I do like my little hp

UK is under English common law, so yes as long as you don't damage property, injure someone, or violate a legal right. Don't let the statutes fool you. There has to be an injured party to sustain a court action. Even with the constables.

YEEESSSSSSS, I am promoting Marc Stevens, who have had a few students of his win in England.

UK is under English common law, so yes as long as you don't damage property, injure someone, or violate a legal right. Don't let the statutes fool you. There has to be an injured party to sustain a court action. Even with the constables.

YEEESSSSSSS, I am promoting Marc Stevens, who have had a few students of his win in England.
You first. ;):p:rolleyes:

You first? What does that mean. Do you mean am I riding a motorized bicycle without needed documents? Am I currently fighting a traffic infraction using Marc Stevens process?
Make a complete statement next time.
It isn't a statement. It's a rhetorical challenge. It means I'll believe it works when I see you do it; or rather that I don't think that would work out very well for the OP.
skeptical-dog-dm.jpg

Last edited:
It isn't a statement. It's a rhetorical challenge. It means I'll believe it works when I see you do it; or rather that I don't think that would work out very well for the OP.

Okay well it does work. If you and the OP go to the Success Stories page of Marc's website you will see that his students have had success in Ireland, Australia, and England. www.marcstevens,net It will work anywhere that common law is in jurisdiction.

Back