new motor arrived

Fins on the cylinder a little rough but got some spare parts

Time to open it up and see how pretty it is
IMG_0755.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

That looks about right at the transfers. Why does he want you to return everything? If your building it for yourself you will want the aftermarket head anyway so this one will make a nice paper weight. The only draw back is if there is something else wrong the seller is going to say "I told you to send it all back". Decisions, decisions.

I agree jake and Gary on both your comments

I got him to agree a refund of $35 the basic cost of a new head and getting it machined (he hasn't done it yet though), I thought that was fair

I ordered the head you recommended Gary and will be doing just what you suggested
Will dress it up with the read valve and might look at cutting up a kx60 pipe as well

The seller doesn't know what he's selling is my take and doesn't have spare parts nor even understands the issue

One person on FB reported there head leaking badly and had to tighten them up a lot. I can only assume there is a lot of super hawks with warped heads
He purchased his here is aus
Another of my sons has the same engine (goes well) also head leaking.

I think he means which one is better. I don't Know. Street Ryderz likes the top better as I recall. It looks like the needles in the top may be a little longer. I would look at them with a magnifying glass to see if one set had smoother machining than the other. Must be a old guy thing.

You have probably already done this, but if not then look into what is needed fro a reed valve to be of benefit. Cylinder or piston mods are needed else wise it's a impediment. If you could do something like this with your machine it would make up for the smaller transfers. You even have a spare jug to practice on.View media item 60553

Last edited:
Stoneman I noticed in another thread you ordered a gt5 cyl. from kings. The ad says large 30mm intake. I think it's a misprint. If you look at the next cyl. down it is advertised the same ,but they corrected the description to 40mm intake which makes more sense as standard is 32mm. Your super hawk is prob. 32 so your going the have intake issues. This depends of course on what they actually send you. They have a reputation for error. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Edit. After looking into some of the reviews on these engines I guess the super hawk does have 40mm intakes. 8mm mount studs too. Good reviews all but the head problems. All I'm sure due to the small crush ring. Sounds like someone's luck is changing.

Last edited:
Back