(Un)helpful sellers!

C

Chopper

Below is an email discussion with zbox, feel free to make up your own minds.

Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2007 3:28 AM
Subject: Throttle cable

Hi guys, just after a throttle cable, can you send me through the payment information with postage to:

SHANE xxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx

Thanks,
Shane

Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 9:28 PM
Subject: Re: Throttle cable

$10 + $5 postage

Bank: xxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx

(identify the bank deposit with your name or postcode)

Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 3:47 PM
Subject: Throttle cable

Hi guys,

item has been paid for using 'shane throttle cable' as the reference, would appreciate if you could get it posted asap..

Thanks,
Shane

Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 2:39 AM

You'll need to let me know which throttle cable you need. There are 3 types and I have no record of you buying an engine from us

Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 4:45 PM

Sorry, it's on a bike I purchased already fitted. I think it's a Skyhawk 80cc kit if that's any help?

Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 2:53 AM

I don't sell Skyhawk parts

Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 5:02 PM

Surely some parts would be the same?

Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 3:56 AM

mate i'm wasting a lot of time with you and only sell parts to existing customers. send me your old one and no more emails
And, finally, my response:

You're kidding right?

Sorry I wasted so much of your time, if you can't answer a few emails from someone looking for a new parts supplier, good luck with your business.

Would appreciate my refund, which wouldn't have been necessary had you given me the info abour different cables BEFORE I eft'ed the money.

Feel free to carry on your busy day.....

:mad: :mad: :mad:

well, to be fair...

here, we've learned there's not a lot of mix & match without knowing for sure for yourself...our local sellers usually only supply parts for the kits they sell, the same situation occurs all the time, it's common feedback i get from sellers.

and, i hate to say this...but zbox has most likely been thru this a few times, because he has this on top of his parts page, in red:

SPARE PARTS ARE ONLY SOLD TO ZBOX CUSTOMERS - IF YOU ARE NOT AN
EXISTING CUSTOMER, YOU SHOULD CHECK WITH YOUR ENGINE SUPPLIER
FOR SPARE PARTS BECAUSE WE WON'T SELL ZBOX PARTS TO YOU.

i noted he's willing to try a match-up...if you've no other option...?

Okay, fair points, but his customer service sucks! See where he asks me the ?'s AFTER getting my money?

I'm sorry, I sell a lot of stuff on ebay etc, and I always make the customer quite clear about what they're getting, BEFORE taking their $'S

Here endeth the rant.......... I bought one elsewhere.

Back