Understanding port work?

nickaloadien

Local time
11:20 AM
Where did all you folks learn port timings and how can I properly learn all this talk about durations and degree wheels etc. Every video on youtube i’ve found has only discussed basic porting and the ones that did talk about port timings simply sucked at explaining it.

All i’ve learned so far from hours of research is the basic “widen exhaust and intake 1mm, raise exhaust 1mm, lower intake 1mm”. I don’t understand port timings, how to get them and what to do with them somebody help me please!

Where did all you folks learn port timings and how can I properly learn all this talk about durations and degree wheels etc. Every video on youtube i’ve found has only discussed basic porting and the ones that did talk about port timings simply sucked at explaining it.

All i’ve learned so far from hours of research is the basic “widen exhaust and intake 1mm, raise exhaust 1mm, lower intake 1mm”. I don’t understand port timings, how to get them and what to do with them somebody help me please!
Look up two-stroke tuners handbook by Gordon Jennings. Best advice I can give. Lots of good reading & information in it.

Back