Unfiltered Air.

F

fetor56

Has anyone ever noticed how the air filter doesn't seal properly....unfiltered air makes it's way around the circumference of the 8-spoked filter retainer and under this retainer giving unfiltered air entering the carby.
My solution is to put a secondary filter over the original filter.
The 8-spoked filter retainer now seats perfectly and all air gaps are eliminated.
I've noticed NO loss in performance or any other adverse affects and it gives me great peace of mind knowing my engine is breathing properly. :)
before.jpg
after.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
air

the original filters that come with the kit are not very good ,far to porus.id always take a old motorcycle filter and cut it to size.it would even quiet up the intake slightly.good thinkin fetor.

yes I agree the happy time air box leavs a little to disire and what you have done looks like a good idea ive made a few homemade boxes and agood birgs-straton replacement seems to do the trick *** long one don't cut it to thick and the foam doesn't commpres that will make lack of flo and will be starving for air.

ps.And whats the problem whith a quiet intake:D

That would be so cool if we can get a ram air setup on that....mmmm....
Thanks for that tip,Fector! I don't think I've looked at my filter in a while....actually in a long while.

Large:
NP man,it took me awhile to notice it myself.
PS...no "c" in fetor...just your everyday/garden variety fetor. :)

Back