Universal shorty ( and offset while we are at it ) intake question

Benchdweller

Local time
7:28 PM
So on a new build In working on I needed to switch to a shorty intake for clearance. I happened to order the universal not paying attention to what I was selecting. Price swooned me and was blinded.lol
Anyway, While looking I noticed there is very little "meat" between the 32-40mm stud mount holes and the intake area. I am slightly concerned this leaves little surface area for the gasket to seal the intake well. I am just inquiring if anyone has used these and found them adequate and to Properly seal on 40mm intakes or if my concerns are valid.

Got one these for free. Used it once and my carb got way too hot.
thanks. The experience is noted.

Have you ever used a universal manifold though and have any experience with smaller contact area of them on the sides? I ask because the offset I ordered with it also is a universal. So I am just as concerned with that one too. I've used both intakes before but only sized properly and would like any experienced opinions on how well these universals seal up be them shorty or offset.

Yes, custom gasket making skills are necessary and patience when assembling. Air leaks are easyer to create with the smaller contact area.

To be honest I was probably going to.regardless of what others said. No offense, just pierce of mind. That thing is thin

Back