Unusual lay back seat post

jeffh

Local time
4:05 PM
Hey peoples
Anyone tried this lay back seat post idea (see attached photo)? I stumbled upon this while searching the net. I’d like to try it but questioning its stability. What do you guys think of this?

Thanks

Attachments

• D106A314-97F8-4358-8A5F-3438B1A03E9E.png
    D106A314-97F8-4358-8A5F-3438B1A03E9E.png
    335.6 KB · Views: 430
I would say its iffy and likely to crack on the weld unless a truss or something was added to increase rigidity. Remember, that weld is meant to take the weight of your arms leaning on it, not your whole body weight plus some with the added newtons from a hard bump or dip.

Hey peoples
Anyone tried this lay back seat post idea (see attached photo)? I stumbled upon this while searching the net. I’d like to try it but questioning its stability. What do you guys think of this?

Thanks
Don't think it's a good idea. Handlebars don't get near the weight seat posts do.

Thanks for the input guy's.
I'd really like to get this Sportsman Flyer seatpost but I don't think they sell it. I'm going to email them about get one.

Attachments

• seatpost.jpg
    seatpost.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,643
Ok, I didn't read their site listings close enough. I was looking looking at the pics and was expecting a closeup of the post itself like they show the clamp. LOL!

Back