Up date on my new zeda

Joel beller

Local time
2:35 AM
Nothing but good news finally got motor running good.. my problem was spark plug was not tightened all the way down one of my bolts on my muffler was not tightened all the way and also on my carburetor manifold was not tightened all the way I guess after I drove it for 20 minutes the first time everything loosened up didn't think I had to tighten everything up so soon and also my top head bolts loosened up once I tightened everything down it runs like a beast. No more high idling issues plus I had my carburetor slanted too much to one side..mistakes that happen when you're tired after work when you're trying to put a motorbike together LOL. I'm breaking it in the right way I've only gone halfway on the throttle second tank I figure I will go ahead and try to give it full throttle and see what happens I can feel the power but I don't want to force it right away.. thank you everybody on the blog for helping me out appreciate your time.. and I also been not idling down hills I've learned that wil mess up your motor..

Use blue loctite on every nut & bolt. I got over 2500 miles on my bike and nothing has vibrated loose so far. (y)

Nothing but good news finally got motor running good.
Hi Joel,
Happy to hear this...Dont be afraid to blast a little full throttle, thats going to help you seat the rings etc.

You just dont want to keep full throttle on for any length of time during break-in is all...just keep varying it back and forth.

Dont be silent for so long next time...lol...keep us informed.

it runs like a beast.
I hope this means it runs better than you really expected it to...Maybe some pics too???...DAMIEN

Last edited:
No no, pictures or it didn't happen! :LOL:
Hey I will send pictures today which is Friday..I ran the bike for 2 days only my third day went to go get on the bike to take it to work after spending all day with fine adjustments and making sure everything was good went to get on bike had flat back tire replacing back tire today. Will take a video of bike running today.so so everyone can see what my end results are and how everything looks on my bike..and also thanks to Damon you're one of the people that stuck with me and helped me through the process of getting my motor up and running.U ROCK.

Hey I will send pictures today which is Friday..I ran the bike for 2 days only my third day went to go get on the bike to take it to work after spending all day with fine adjustments and making sure everything was good went to get on bike had flat back tire replacing back tire today. Will take a video of bike running today.so so everyone can see what my end results are and how everything looks on my bike..and also thanks to Damon you're one of the people that stuck with me and helped me through the process of getting my motor up and running.U ROCK.

Thank you very much for your kind appreciation and recognition...lol.

Im posting below, what i use for tires and tubes, even though i threw on new ones with my new Zeda build back in May, i still have the ones from my last bike saved as spares, they have 6000 miles on them and are over 5 years old, never a tire failure during all that time

The one hint i stress is never go full PSI recommended on the tires...mine say between 40 to 65 PSI, i never go over 45 PSI.

Thank you very much for your kind appreciation and recognition...lol.

Im posting below, what i use for tires and tubes, even though i threw on new ones with my new Zeda build back in May, i still have the ones from my last bike saved as spares, they have 6000 miles on them and are over 5 years old, never a tire failure during all that time

The one hint i stress is never go full PSI recommended on the tires...mine say between 40 to 65 PSI, i never go over 45 PSI.

Hey good morning I disconnected my throttle line from carburetor and throttle handle put it back on throttle cable works carburetor slot going up and down I went and cranked up the motor primed the motor with gas it cranked right up let it warm up put the choke down went to go give it gas and basically no gas going to motor still running throttle twisted all the way but nothing happening to motor then motor just dies so is that my carburetor the float sticking

Hey good morning I disconnected my throttle line from carburetor and throttle handle put it back on throttle cable works carburetor slot going up and down I went and cranked up the motor primed the motor with gas it cranked right up let it warm up put the choke down went to go give it gas and basically no gas going to motor still running throttle twisted all the way but nothing happening to motor then motor just dies so is that my carburetor the float sticking
When it cranked up it sound good push choke down motor is running fine soon as I went to get ready to disengage the clutch give it gas nothing was happening no gas was being fed to the motor just enough to keep the motor running then it finally shut off tried to start it again I did like it wanted to when I was cuddling it start moving a little bit and then that's it

When it cranked up it sound good push choke down motor is running fine soon as I went to get ready to disengage the clutch give it gas nothing was happening no gas was being fed to the motor just enough to keep the motor running then it finally shut off tried to start it again I did like it wanted to when I was cuddling it start moving a little bit and then that's it
Pedaling

Back