UPDATE Hot head cooling system tests. Results are shocking video documented

Jayraye39

Local time
10:28 PM
OK so I ran the test in 2 parts.

Part 1 without cooling system and part 2 with cooling system.

The tests consist of 2 laps around my house at which I stop 2 times per lap one at the end of the Main Street and 1 at the opposite end of my alleyway the 1st lap on both tests are quarter throttle the 2nd lap is half throttle the temperature was taken at the head on the outside So as not to taint the test by taking the temperature directly under the cooling vents so I opted to take it on the outside thus giving me an overall head temperature and cooling effect.

The results come as no surprise to me but may shock others the temperature with the cooling system was proven to be 40 to even 50 degrees F cooler with the system.

The highest temperature I seen on the head without the cooling system was 310 degrees F.

The hottest temperature I seen with the cooling system at the head was 238 degrees F.

The system cools at slower speeds just as well as it does at high speeds but ultimately the faster you go the better the system cool's.

I did an offscreen WOT test cause my phone died. those results were wide open throttle, 45 miles per hour, high temp without the system was 368 degrees F.

Same test same speed with the system produced a high temp of 310 degrees F.

Here are my 2 videos of the test video one without the system video 2 with the cooling system and my 3rd video is me explaining how and why the system works.

Moderators Note:
I broke up "The Great Wall of China" of words/text to make this post easier to read and more understandable...lol.

I know that you must know that you cannot locate a CDI that close to a heat source...Just saying...it is destined to fail on you.
Yea thats just the box. The actual coil is above the motor. Its a 2 piece scooter cdi and honestly it really dont get much heat being under the exhausti had it just above the exhaust on the down tube but it saw more heat their so i moved it down below
4116_large_06875cfb-26c7-42ee-a82a-58e44ae9158d_large.jpg

Havnt used any other cdi except the stock one which was junk. Does anyone else run this cdi? Think I could get more out of my bike if I used a different cdi system. This one seems to run good at high rpm, but im sure their could be one better.

Back