Update on my warning about rim brakes and those "motor bike" alloy mag rims

Benchdweller

Local time
11:23 AM
So I kinda chewed bike berry out on the rim failure. Just to get it off my chest and try and get them to correctly state these shouldn't be used with rim brakes. Well it seems they have changed their recommendations yet again shortly after. Look what the description says now. ( take notice y'all who suggested it was my fault not adjusting my pads as they wear down.)

I lost my warranty shortly after purchase because at the time I sent them a notice that the hardware provided to mount the sprocket was inadequate as the Allen bolts only went about three threads into the screw holes and could not be tightened properly without getting proper length hardware . $2-3 in 12.9 grade hardware was no biggie to me. Yet they offered a free set for the heads up if a gave up the warranty. Which I couldn't refuse. So I wasn't expecting any compensation or felt I deserved it considering. Well, despite me already getting a free set months ago and forfeiting my warranty. They refunded the purchase price and shipping with a long and seemingly sincere apology saying they change Chinese actories and suppliers for these things and always followed their recommendations, which with the new one, made the new claim of only rear rim brake compatiable. I know bike berry has a mixed reputation and are over priced on a few things but honestly, it seems their customer service has improved by leaps and bounds in recent times and after also determining the rim failed and from rim brake wearing them, they have corrected the recommendations. So Ill give them that.

Back