Exhaust Updated photos with 2nd muffler - stealth!

Very cool. Thanks for the new pic & the vids. This may be my weekend project if it rains and I can't roof.

Thanks,
Tracy

Very cool. Thanks for the new pic & the vids. This may be my weekend project if it rains and I can't roof.

Thanks,
Tracy

No problem, Tracy. The parts that I used were a 3/8" copper elbow (that you'll need to sand out a little bit to make the inside diameter a little larger to fit over the exhaust stub on the Mitsu engine. From that I used a step up to 1/2" piece, then 1/2" copper run to another 90 degree elbow, then a straight piece that runs to the fitting that the muffler screws into (which is 3/4" pipe thread). From there I attached a 1" to 3/4" reducing piece, then a 3/4" elbow and finally a piece of straight pipe. For the record, the 3/8" elbow that covers the stock muffler stub is NOT brazed, welded, or permanently attached to the muffler stub. I tried to braze it, but it didn't work for me. So it's just over the stub and held in place by the hose clamp that holds the whole piece up. Seems to be fine. Also, the 1" reducing piece attaches to the muffler with screws - I drilled a small pilot hole and then used 2 screws to hold it together. That crappy metal that the muffler is made with didn't look like it was conducive to being brazed, either.

Warner

Hey Warner, we we're out working on my wife's Jeep yesterday and some scooter was zipping around my block, but I barely heard it. Maybe you should look into a muffler from a scooter.

Hey Warner, we we're out working on my wife's Jeep yesterday and some scooter was zipping around my block, but I barely heard it. Maybe you should look into a muffler from a scooter.

Yeah...possibly. But this one is built and installed already. Hehe. It's pretty quiet...maybe not as quiet as a scooter though. I think I'm done trying to hide out...I'm just going to ride the thing and see if I have any trouble with the man...even when he sees me cruising at 30.

Warner

Yeah, d@mn the man, ride the MB!

Hey, I found the dust covers last night, now for the caps.

Cool beans....keep me posted. Tomorrow MAY be my first day to work on the MAB....depends on Kristina's work schedule...not sure if she's riding with me to work or not yet....

Warner

To make the exaust even quieter you could get a piece of rubber tubing that wont melt and run the exaust to the real axle stay and point it toward the ground, this idea is what gas rc cars use to keep them clean and help keep them as quiet as possible.

To make the exaust even quieter you could get a piece of rubber tubing that wont melt and run the exaust to the real axle stay and point it toward the ground, this idea is what gas rc cars use to keep them clean and help keep them as quiet as possible.

Interesting idea. I'm SURE it would make it quieter....I just wonder how much more restrictive it would be and how it would affect performance. Definitely something to think about and TRY though....thanks for the idea.

Warner

Back