Upgrade Parts Help

DistantWolrld101

Ok i am about to get a big lump sum around 1.5k and i am looking to full upgrade and make my kit function at its max in speed and torque
engine is already mounted the way it is and works i just want to fully upgrade it.

What i have
Bike: Schwinn Sting Ray 20"
Handle Bars: 25x9 Mini Ape Hangers
Engine: BBR 66/80cc Flying Horse Kit
Plug: NGK B6HS
Blue Polyurethane Fuel Line
Fel-Pro 3157 Gasket To make own gaskets
NT Carb and dolphin 1986 Carb
Stock Exhaust
44T Sprocket
Stock CDI
Wide crank pedals

s-l1600.jpg

JerboaJohn

first thing I'd do is ditch the kit sprocket and mount. hub adapter n 32T sprocket it up for ~$65. 44T is too big for any wheel smaller than 26" unless you're mountain climbing lol

DistantWolrld101

first thing I'd do is ditch the kit sprocket and mount. hub adapter n 32T sprocket it up for ~$65. 44T is too big for any wheel smaller than 26" unless you're mountain climbing lol

Already got the Manic Mechanic Sprocket Adapter and a 36T Coming someone recommended that on a Facebook but that is only thing i was told
i have some hills in my area like tall hills so i want some teeth.

DistantWolrld101

(^.^) I like a little terrain too,, you're well on the way for a fun bike!
you have no other recommendations, like i read some places to get ported jugs, or reed valves kits, and other stuff, and other places say not to why i'm ask here for multiple opinions on what to get right down to the exhaust,cdi,sprocket, everything

JerboaJohn

sure but what's your intended riding, speeds n other stuff? highly personal to Your ride, if don't care it's loud + top speed ( porting your jug and expansion pipe), coolness cnc head 6cc).
you can do little things to wake up your engine for free or little cost like smooth out the exhaust port and upgrade to an open element air filter. other threads get into carbs, it's particular to each one their req. tuning tips. I like budget HP carbs bcs little bit better than NT and still easy to dial in

DistantWolrld101

sure but what's your intended riding, speeds n other stuff? highly personal to Your ride, if don't care it's loud + top speed ( porting your jug and expansion pipe), coolness cnc head 6cc).
you can do little things to wake up your engine for free or little cost like smooth out the exhaust port and upgrade to an open element air filter. other threads get into carbs, it's particular to each one their req. tuning tips. I like budget HP carbs bcs little bit better than NT and still easy to dial in

Faster the better
Loudness doesn't matter there 2 strokes if I cared I would of went 4 stroke

RAT RYDER 101

you have no other recommendations, like i read some places to get ported jugs, or reed valves kits, and other stuff, and other places say not to why i'm ask here for multiple opinions on what to get right down to the exhaust,cdi,sprocket, everything
Jag CDI/ Dellorto16-16 carb (not the clone)@ dennycycles.com/ fred head 6.0/ ported jug & extra stuff that comes with from Bicylemotorworks..a sponsor here on the forum/ a range of jets that you can adjust to your altitude for the carb/ OZ coil/OZ reed valve/ your exhaust can be dialed in after you tweek your sh*t. There's a lot of pipes out there. (carry on)

Last edited:

Will'smotobikes19

Oi I had a head gasket leak just now, I could literally hear air hissing out as the motor turned over. Had to tighten the nuts. The tuning isn’t right and it still doesn’t take the throttle right. Probably because of the dumb elevation. Thinking of putting my 79cc back on the bike. So far the motor has a loose clutch pin, mysterious air leak, doesn’t rev right, gouged head gasket (needs a new one) and to top it off I must have installed the head studs wrong because there’s barely any threads at the top. Either from running lean or debris there are also scratches in the cylinder. At higher speed I also hear a weird scraping/rattling and I’m wondering if it’s the disc brake rubbing or the bent in exhaust rattling. Could be the crappy bearings in the mag wheels which are also Chinese. Honestly if you don’t build one of these from the ground up they’re crap and if you do they’re slightly less crappy and to top it off all the crankcase internals are only Chinese made there’s no alternative. I will start trying different engines soon. Centrifugal clutch seems much better with maintenance. Has anyone ever thought of building a 4 stroke version of the CG? Same basic geometries and mounts only 4 stroke.

DistantWolrld101

Jag CDI/ Dellorto16-16 carb (not the clone)@ dennycycles.com/ fred head 6.0/ ported jug & extra stuff that comes with from Bicylemotorworks..a sponsor here on the forum/ a range of jets that you can adjust to your altitude for the carb/ OZ coil/OZ reed valve/ your exhaust can be dialed in after you tweek your sh*t. There's a lot of pipes out there. (carry on)

Got the Carb,Head,OZ Red Valve,High-Flow Intake Port, Jets, I can't find the Jag Cdi or OZ Coil,
Should i go with the ported jug or get a big bore Jug kit.