Upgrade Parts Help

JerboaJohn

ported cylinder,, can you do some yourself? sandpaper, file, dremel, etc,, good learning experience and you'll be proud even if you do just a little

DistantWolrld101

ported cylinder,, can you do some yourself? sandpaper, file, dremel, etc,, good learning experience and you'll be proud even if you do just a little
i would but when i start using tools i get very shaky unless i can grab it at the very tip like a pencil so things start getting messy, one reason i don't weld and when i solder i wear special gloves so i can grab the tip lol

JerboaJohn

that's ok. just a way to save some money, ,
BicycleMotorWorks has some good ported jugs with excellent reviews and they are a good vendor

Frogslayer

Dudes. Come on. Just get a cheap motorcycle. Motorized bikes are cool for putting around but no bicycle was ever intended to go 50mph.

JerboaJohn

haha my current build is, well 45 really bcs anything more is like too scary if I'd hit the pavement. i think we actually want to build mopeds little by little that look like bicycles, a token tribute to being a bike.
youd have to brave or stupid to go 50+ on some thin pipes and skinny tires with little brakes. and peeps go on youtube on the highway with no helmets even, jeepers!

U

User 27079

I like being able to do 35 when i have to travel a 35mph road in town.

For the most part I'm traveling 28-30mph on the way to work and when just weekend cruising town i try to stay under 27mph lol

Just knowing the oomph is there is a good feeling.

When i had the 29" schwinn i hit 47 and the whole bike started to shake, i got pretty shaky myself when i stopped.

Just old and cruisin 25-30 :D

Ride Safe! :)

HP

FurryOnTheInside

Dudes. Come on. Just get a cheap motorcycle. Motorized bikes are cool for putting around but no bicycle was ever intended to go 50mph.
There are many bicycles intended to go over 50mph. Hills exist and some are quite long, so pretty much any bicycle can go faster than 50mph. :geek:
The top speed reached during the Tour de France on skinny little tyres is a little over 75mph. :oops:
The record for a motorised bicycle on flat ground is 207mph. :eek:
There is nothing wrong with wanting to tune the little 2T bicycle engine for speed. :cool:

The 20" Schwinn Stingray, however, is a slow bike, pretty much just a toy. It is definitely not intended to go over about 15mph. :X3:
It doesn't even come equipped with a front brake! :LOL: It really needs to be completely redesigned to be suitable and safe for 50mph+ motorised riding. This speed is unlikely to be achievable anyway on flat ground, even with a metric :poop: tonne of mods. :ROFLMAO:

DistantWolrld101

I know the Schwinn will snap under speed, i already accounted for this, i have alot getting done to the Schwinn such as welded reinforcements
i even bought a pair of forks that allows the front to have a disk and caliper break for it, i am also talking to a modder which will let me use a 26x4 wheel on it.

i am looking to beef it up ALOT

FurryOnTheInside

I know the Schwinn will snap under speed, i already accounted for this, i have alot getting done to the Schwinn such as welded reinforcements
i even bought a pair of forks that allows the front to have a disk and caliper break for it, i am also talking to a modder which will let me use a 26x4 wheel on it.

i am looking to beef it up ALOT
Brakes are certainly extremely important. I wonder if it will ever handle well, though. On 4" tyres it won't be the fastest bike around so maybe it'll be okay. Only you can be the judge of that.
I'm interested in seeing how you deal with the chain line issues. The rear V brake is really in the way. Will you move it to the seat stays? Will you extend the rear stays to improve the bike's handling at high speeds and perhaps help with the chain line issues?