Upgrade Parts Help

DistantWolrld101

I put the chain under the bar and used the tensioner upside down to keep it in check of course to the back break still works.

Brakes are certainly extremely important. I wonder if it will ever handle well, though. On 4" tyres it won't be the fastest bike around so maybe it'll be okay. Only you can be the judge of that.
I'm interested in seeing how you deal with the chain line issues. The rear V brake is really in the way. Will you move it to the seat stays? Will you extend the rear stays to improve the bike's handling at high speeds and perhaps help with the chain line issues?

Frogslayer

Sorry to let you in on a secret but no beach cruiser was ever Intended even down hill to reach 50mph. Start taking bikes down big hills. You'll start losing bearings. Not really fair to compare to competition tour de France bike that is purpose made for going fast and being light while doing it. Maybe that's why they cost 10k...

Sumsloppymeet

thats the reason i havent rode my schwinn occ ive got everything for it plus some i just know being as im 6' plus i dont trust linear or v brakes to be the one thing stopping me and im not feeling the upside down tensioner sketchy in my book im looking to 24" the back tire with the cnc frame extenders and 26" the front with a sturmey archer drum from husky bicycles and do a layback seat give me some leg room

Last edited:

JerboaJohn

yeah one thing abt going faster than the motor can pull you'll see the chain slapping. makes me want to have freewheel drive, but with a 2stroke, it's not just that easy