Upgrade

Spark Plug - toss the stock and get a nice one
Carb - throw the stock away get a 2-stroke to 4-stroke intake and get a nice 2-stroke carb and jet it nicely
Air Intake - with the 2-stroke carb if you get a nice one you should have a nice air intake
Gearing - Raise and lower the tooth count or get a shaft kit
Exhaust - toss that stock exhaust and get a nice long pipe the stock pipe is so restrictive
Trans - get the nice quality belt trans and not the cheap one or the chain trans

i know i'm missing a few things but hey someone will fill in the gaps :p

btw - some peeps even me said some of these in your other posts

Last edited:
I think agk might still put a custom grind on your cam if you mail it to them. The service isn't offered on their website anymore, but I doubt they've forgotten how to do it.

As said above, NGK CR7HIX (7544) spark plug, replace the carb and intake with 2-stroke carb and adapter intake.

The stock plug and carb are craptastic, the intake is a flat piece of plastic with 1 gasket too many. It's gotta go.

Should be good after that.

A new owner will make it really faster, hint hint!

To any of you 4 stroke guys with a 142/144. When changing to the nt setup did you have to jet up or down?

I had to jet down to a 68 on mine. AFAIK the stock NT jet is a 70. The jet that came in my RT was also a 70.

A 53cc might be okay with the 70.

Chatted with agk, they won't grind gxh50/hs142/hs144 cams anymore. If you want to replicate them, they added .172" lift, no valve timing adjustment. He said they also did some at .175" too. Hope I can find a shop to do it cheap-ish.

Back