Upgraded throttle?

Risk Man

Local time
10:41 AM
Halfway through my 6 mile ride yesterday, the throttle started to stick. Using the stock cheapo one and don't really want to bother trouble shooting it and fixing it. Might just be the cable or the connection at the Bofeng carb. Have not tinkered with it yet.

What is a decent upgraded throttle? Amazon shows a bunch of "CNC" milled throttles but of course there are always 15% 1 star complaints about everything so I don't have any good feedback on what is good and what is junk.

I modified my throttle where I just keep twisting it back and it doesn't have a stop. I have unlimited speed.

Spray some lube down the cable housing. And make sure your throttle is adjusted correctly.

flintstone_car.jpg

Or eBay... Get the one that fits your bar diameter... No green sorry Karl

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220131-114738.png
    Screenshot_20220131-114738.png
    226.4 KB · Views: 92
I modified my throttle where I just keep twisting it back and it doesn't have a stop. I have unlimited speed.

Spray some lube down the cable housing. And make sure your throttle is adjusted correctly.
I always put a drop of synthetic 2t oil in the end before I install.

If you buy a new throttle or not, get a bottle of this dri-slide cable lube, best stuff I've ever found. Its comes with a steel applicator needle so 9 out of 10 times, you dont have to disassemble nothing. If you want silky smooth brake & throttle cables get a bottle & try it. It will make you a believer!
Screenshot_20220131-232958_Samsung Internet.jpg

FYI: If anyone does buy this dri-slide cable lube, make sure you shake it till agitator balls come loose & continue to shake for at least 3minutes. The key to this is put it in cables & pivot points & let it dry over night. Repeat a couple times & you are good to go for a long time. P.S. I'm not affiliated nor a spokesman for dri-slide lubricate.😂🤣

FYI: If anyone does buy this dri-slide cable lube, make sure you shake it till agitator balls come loose & continue to shake for at least 3minutes. The key to this is put it in cables & pivot points & let it dry over night. Repeat a couple times & you are good to go for a long time. P.S. I'm not affiliated nor a spokesman for dri-slide lubricate.😂🤣
You're just a nightly user............

The needle is kind of kinky. lol

Back