Upgrading the CDI and the carburator od a 2002 suzuki grasstracker

Artokamera

Local time
3:13 PM
Hi! Can anyone recommend me a carburator and a matching CDI to improve the engine power of a 2002 suzuki grasstracker?

Hi! Can anyone recommend me a carburator and a matching CDI to improve the engine power of a 2002 suzuki grasstracker?
What you have is a tu250 engine, so all upgrades to that engine can be added to yours as well (some models are fuel injected so becareful)

Honestly, your making around 20hp, which is just fine for a 250cc class bike

If you want to upgrade i would get a aftermarket exhuast and some new tires and call it a day.

Your better off going to a dino to tune up the bike then getting some random carb and cdi (if its not broke dont fix it)
These engines are ment to last a long time bit inturn they dont make much horsepower

Thats just my 2 cents anyway

Hi Mark, actually this bike has been enterely customized already. A mushroom air filter and a an after market exhaust have been implemented among many other modifications.
I am just trying to slightly improve the torque which is important when you ride in a city like phnom penh with sloppy driver all around you. I would not want to have a bigger bike because I appreciate the light weight and the manoeuvrability of the bike. I dont know exactly what you call a Dino but I am considering rejetting the bike and changing the sparkplug first (cheap options les than 100 usd)) then I would consider buying the Dino Boost performance chip from magnum tuning.

Hi Mark, actually this bike has been enterely customized already. A mushroom air filter and a an after market exhaust have been implemented among many other modifications.
I am just trying to slightly improve the torque which is important when you ride in a city like phnom penh with sloppy driver all around you. I would not want to have a bigger bike because I appreciate the light weight and the manoeuvrability of the bike. I dont know exactly what you call a Dino but I am considering rejetting the bike and changing the sparkplug first (cheap options les than 100 usd)) then I would consider buying the Dino Boost performance chip from magnum tuning.
Oh, my bad, i meant to spell it dyno lol
that preformence chip will just make your wallet lighter
If your going for torque, have you considered going down a tooth in the front? Its around 20$ and if you don't like it you can always go back
(If you city driving you arnt going to go more than 45mph anyway)

Do you have a aftermarket cam in it?
If so i believe you can get a more torque biased one if your willing to sacrifice a bit of top end

Jatting your carb will be the first thing id do

(If you have a ton of preformence mods already, id upjet a few sizes, as there bringing in more air and releasing more air as well)

Just play it safe and dont go too lean, and thst should be a great running bike!

Yes I have an aftermarket cam. I didn't know about going down one tooth onthe front sprocket.
I will change the spark plug, rejet the carb and try to find someone for the Dyno Tuning and gone one dent down. Thanks for all the infos, very valuable.

Yes I have an aftermarket cam. I didn't know about going down one tooth onthe front sprocket.
I will change the spark plug, rejet the carb and try to find someone for the Dyno Tuning and gone one dent down. Thanks for all the infos, very valuable.
Your welcome!
Hope this helps you out on your journey!

Back