Upswept Exhaust Pipe:

Tires and rims

Hello Newportwhizzer, awsome bike! That exhaust is really cool, would love to have one. Did you have to make modifications to the bike to get the wider rims and tires to fit? Could you provide some links to them?

Thanks

Randy

Hi all,

Thank's for all the great comments. The wheels I am running with the Hookworms are a sun fat albert, unfortunately they discontinued the rim. Felt bicycles has a rim that is the same width and a very similar profile that I have been tempted to try. As far as the fitment goes they were tight on the bike. I had to rais the fenders a hair and shim the wheel a little to. You will have to check your frame clearance at the front of the rear tire, some bikes have a good gap and some are very tight with the stock tires (evidently there was two different jigs where the bikes were manufactured). If you have the larger gap you will only have to do minor changes.
There is another tire that is 26x2.6 and looks like the old brick tire that a guy brought in yesterday but for the life of me I can't remember the manufacture. I will try to get some info on those in the next few days.

Ryan

Now it's time for Cosmetic Mod #2!

I've got my Riser Bars, now for that upswept exhaust pipe like the one on Gary Breylinger's legendary Montana Whizzer! (His bike is what encouraged me to look for those elusive Riser Handlebars)

I plan to cut my pipe at about the locaton of the pedal crank bottom bracket (shown), and get a piece of 1-1/4" flexible pipe to join the 2 pieces with stainless radiator hose clamps.

Then I'll reattach the muffler end from the chainstay to the seatstay, providing me with an upswept pipe!

What do you think?

HAL

Attachments

• IMG_1326.JPG
    IMG_1326.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 290
Back