URGENT RESPONSE Needed to Save All MBs in Oz Before June 30

Don't forget Large that we ride on the left down here. The lady killed was riding as far to the left as was possible but at this point she had no hard shoulder to cycle in. On this road shown in the picture above a speed of about 30mph is actually about right. Serious cyclists on push bikes pass me at 40 mph on their Bianchi carbon racers. But I basically agree with you except these regs are stipulating a max speed limit of 15 mph (25 kmh) and that is quite frankly too ridiculous for words.
Great to see you back after so long not seeing you Large.

I've already hacked away at the PDF with points that are wrong or a problem in the other thread in General Discussions...

aha !
I get " unauthorized entry" when clicking for a document link
for product safety standard EN 15194

A new European product safety standard EN 15194 will be published in 2009. EN 15194 contains several new requirements for ebikes to be sold in European Union and European Economic Area, including weight and voltage limitations. EN 15194 also defines a specific name for EU approved electrically-assisted cycles, EPAC - "Electrically Pedal Assisted Cycle".

Just a suggestion, but far away, and tucked underneath and out of sight as Australia is, we may all do well to take note. It's much easier to jump on the bandwagon than take the initiative, and other countries may use the Australian document as a framework for similar actions.

The more grief inflicted on the Australian initiative, the better for the rest of us, as well.

FWIW

Brenton

wanderer33

Hi bolts missing.
Just recently, I was wondering, why there isn't practically
any posts, except UK occasionaly, from EU on this site and since you've mentioned EU and electric bikes, are MBs allowed on the Continent?

QUOTE=BoltsMissing;208520]aha !

A new European product safety standard EN 15194 will be published in 2009. EN 15194 contains several new requirements for ebikes to be sold in European Union and European Economic Area, including weight and voltage limitations. EN 15194 also defines a specific name for EU approved electrically-assisted cycles, EPAC - "Electrically Pedal Assisted Cycle".[/QUOTE]

wanderer33
Hi bolts missing.
Just recently, I was wondering, why there isn't practically
any posts, except UK occasionaly, from EU on this site and since you've mentioned EU and electric bikes, are MBs allowed on the Continent?

QUOTE=BoltsMissing;208520]aha !

A new European product safety standard EN 15194 will be published in 2009. EN 15194 contains several new requirements for ebikes to be sold in European Union and European Economic Area, including weight and voltage limitations. EN 15194 also defines a specific name for EU approved electrically-assisted cycles, EPAC - "Electrically Pedal Assisted Cycle".
[/QUOTE]

We found out about the document and pending EN proposals by doing a Google.

I am not aware of the cultre and the people's general perception of a motored bike if in much favour or not in Europe etc. because I have not been there lately to do an "official survey"

So if anyone can obtain a copy of that document would they be so kind and post it here please.

I think one of the greater arguements to this legislation would be that banning MBs will be counterproductive to the development and use of sustainable and ecologically sound transport. Taking into account the environmental damage and ever increasing use of fossil fuels by a population that is still becoming more and more reliant on cars as everyday transport, moving away from public transport and bicycles/MBs, it is irresposible for the RTA to legislate against MBs.

I should think safety in getting across a busy intersection would be an issue. Moderate power shouldn't be a sin. They shouldn't be screwing around with motor -assisted transpo anyhow what with the coming world-wide recession coming. I was actually thinking of immigrating to Oz to escape the Obama socialized state. Dunno now. Sounds sorta unstable.

They just want to limit us on our bikes to try to control us, and to keep us dependent on their system, and paying the high gas prices, but slowly forcing more and more folks to use cars, or walk.

That's what THEY want. IF there is a recession coming, they sure don't want folks making it easier by riding motorized bicycles.

Motorized Bicycles is a way to have our freedoms of choice.

Back