used 24x2.125 steel chrome rim

Looking for a used 24" x 2.125" (balloon tire) rim only (no spokes or hub) for around $15 shipped. I can pay through PayPal (I don't do money orders, sorry). If you have a complete wheel and want to ship it cheap, that's fine but I'm not paying extra because I don't have it. I'm working on a custom wheel project and I ordered the wrong rim, got a 1.75" by mistake and that won't work too good with a 2.4" tire. So let me know, thanks.

You do know a 2-1/8th wide tire will work on your rim right? A 2-1/8th wide rim is going to be difficult to find. Might have a difficult time finding a side/V brake to work also.

All I need is a rim, not a complete wheel, and if it comes down to buying a new one, which is looking likely at this point, I can get it cheaper than the one you linked on amazon. There is no reason for me to pay for a complete wheel when I don't need it. I have the hub and the spokes I want to use, just need a balloon tire rim, that's all, thanks.

A worksman is only 1 3\4 too and they take wider tires. Only ones I've seen lately wider are the ambassador Whizzers here...they're nearly 2" . I'll check to be sure on the sizes

The tire I'm using is a Cheng Shin "Cyclops" 24 x 2.4 tire. I can get a new 24 x 2.125 rim from Husky for $22 shipped, was just looking for a used one cheaper. Husky and Worksman are probably the only one that sell them in that size anymore. A 1.75 rim can probably take a 2.125 tire, but a 2.4? Idk, makes me a little nervous, especially with a 130mm drum.

Back