using (or not) a chain tensioner

kjparker

Local time
12:53 PM
HI

I shortly will be starting my ht build. I have seen pics where people have used a tensioner, and others where they havent used one.

If i can get the chain tension correct, without using one is that ok? Or should i use one regardless?

Has anyone (in Australia) come across a spring loaded tensioner?

Chains

HI

I shortly will be starting my ht build. I have seen pics where people have used a tensioner, and others where they havent used one.

If i can get the chain tension correct, without using one is that ok? Or should i use one regardless?

Has anyone (in Australia) come across a spring loaded tensioner?

IF YOU GET THE MOTOR CHAIN ON FIRST AND ADJUSTED AND THE THE BIKE CHAIN WON'T FIT AND CANNOT BE CUT TO SIZE GET YOURSELF TWO I/2 LINK BMX CHAINS AND JOIN THEM TOGETHER AND THEN CUT AS NEEDED.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, thats what I would love to get, however, finding one in Australia, could prove to be difficult. Not going to stop me looking though! :)

i set everything up shortened the motor chain till it was a little biit too tight then took everything off (motor) and shaved the spacer for the rear mount a very little re assembled and tested, repeated the whole process untill the chain was the right tension, shaving a little at a time

Attachments

• Apr28_0009.jpg
    Apr28_0009.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 347
Back