Using Rubber On Engine Mounts - Post Your Thoughts Pro and/or Con.

Do not use rubber mounts. You'll just end up breaking mounting bolts,mounta and frames. If its vibrating badly you should balance and true the crank to roughly a 50% balance factor. Really you should balance the crank regardless.
Thats really dependent on if you are using Chinese hardware or good old american grade 5 and grade 8 replacements as i do...i use rubber sheets on all the builds i have including the engine mounts and not once has it ever broken any hardware bolts or even had them loosen...Everything i do on these, with the help of my aviation expert guy at the military base nearby, is totally over engineered as my recent conversion of my bike would show you...lol...DAMIEN

Do not use rubber mounts. You'll just end up breaking mounting bolts,mounta and frames. If its vibrating badly you should balance and true the crank to roughly a 50% balance factor. Really you should balance the crank regardless.
How does a noob balance a crank w/o a machine shop and a machine to see where it's off balance?

Weigh your piston, rings,wrist pin, bearing and clips. Devide that weight by 1/2. Remove that amount of weight from the rod side of the crank. 2 15mm holes approx 1/2 deep near the 2 holes already in the crank. Most cranks are already balanced to the rod.

Weigh your piston, rings,wrist pin, bearing and clips. Devide that weight by 1/2. Remove that amount of weight from the rod side of the crank. 2 15mm holes approx 1/2 deep near the 2 holes already in the crank. Most cranks are already balanced to the rod.
The engine needs to be disassembled to do this?

Yeah he's not ready to do this by himself. It's honestly not that terribly difficult and with some guidance from YouTube university or a good friend I'm sure he could do it.

Back