Using steel band to mount the engine

Rank Amatuer

Local time
12:46 AM
Engine bolts (front mount) broke on my Yaheeda 80 cc engine. I could drill them out and replace, but decided to secure engine to frame with a steel band from the hardware store. Works pretty good and does not look too out of place. Rear mount still holding strong - so that makes this solution possible. If the rear bolts break too - then I will replace all four broken bolts with new ones (drill out the old ones etc). Anybody else mount their engines using something other than the engine mount bolts?

Engine bolts (front mount) broke on my Yaheeda 80 cc engine. I could drill them out and replace, but decided to secure engine to frame with a steel band from the hardware store. Works pretty good and does not look too out of place. Rear mount still holding strong - so that makes this solution possible. If the rear bolts break too - then I will replace all four broken bolts with new ones (drill out the old ones etc). Anybody else mount their engines using something other than the engine mount bolts?
I make custom motor mounts of angle iron and weld them in. That way I can just swap and easily align my engine and drive chain when needed.

Anybody else mount their engines using something other than the engine mount bolts?
I made my own front engine mount...Its made from a bar of 7075 T-6 military aviation grade aluminum...DAMIEN

This one below should work just fine, Its alot like mine.

https://www.amazon.com/CDHPOWER-Sil...ront+motor+mount+40mm&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-3

IMG_0319.jpg

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back