Using the Nu Vinci hub?

But does it shift with full throttle? In other words,do you have to ease off between shifts or could you power away so exciting? :excitement:

David Staton of Staton-inc has been trying to kill one of these hubs. Contact him and post his reply here.:cool:

I haven't found a retail site for just the hub alone....what does it cost?.....I think Staton wants to sell and engine AND hub but I would be curious what a hub alone would run.

Thanks

Andrew

The hub is sold by its lonesome. I linked it in a thread here today. Look over at Staton's site, it is there. About $400 iirc.

Ease OFF

The control has two cables. The rotation of the control goes a full 450 degrees like a BIG throttle. A full 360 rotation & 1/4. It has a straight line when in high gear & does a graph curve steeper to low. I tried to twist it while motoring & it had resistance. Let off the gas & it is Very smooth. I am amazed at the range of gears that this has. Low pedals like a Billy Goat. High gear you can pedal 40 mph. NO LIE!

I am just wondering how much abuse this NuVinci will take. Lets keep an open mind but also open eyes. All power is transmitted by friction of the balls. Please keep all us posted Zomby.

Seriously though, it sounds like a great product, but the price is OUT THERE!

Actually when you consider the price of a cheap moped with it's automatic transmission and stuff then you consider Zombie's bike with the added 400 dollar hub it's about par price wise with a cheap moped and still way cheaper than a Vespa scooter and is way cooler than a Vespa would ever dream of being and now can actually keep up with one...if not blow it away.
Yes. Nu Vinci hub = EPIC WIN!

Very true Large. Just compared to a lot of the cheaper stuff we see on here it's pretty high. However, you do get what you pay for.

Cost of NuVinci

I showed my bike to a Wrench at Hidden Valley Bikes in Escondido (Burn Town) He told me the NuVinci sales rep offered to Give him one... He went on to say that they would have to sell them for 600 to turn a good profit. I bought mine from Staton for 470 laced on a 26" wheel. Then paid 60 to have it relaced on my 24" fatty. That is more than I paid for a ported/polished/race ready motor and a CVT.

I am very satisfied with the quality of this hub. It works GREAT with my jackshaft. The time I spent trying to build a shifter & the thrashed parts that resulted from my mistakes cost that much.

These bikes we build can get stupid expensive. Paint/Chrome plating are the most. Those Al Alloy wheels from Quickspeed are 800 for a set. Hydraulic disk brakes can break the bank too. I could build another Zack for about 1300 if no mistakes & stay out of the paint shop. BUT the paint looks better when you take the spray gun away from me!

I started the Zack project trying to do it for under 1000. I was right on track untill I saw the NuVinci. I like it so much that if/when I build another it will def be built around this hub... IT ROCKS!!

Back