Using the Nu Vinci hub?

5-7HEAVEN

:cool:has anyone here installed the NuVinci hub with their engine? i'm curious to know what kind of clearance issues you came across,especially with the frame.

thinking about installing one to drive twin engines, happy time midframe, with jackshaft to transfer power to the right side. the NuVinci is undergoing rigorous testing at STATON.

Myron

NuVinci

Yes I just installed one on Zack. It went on like a dream. Statons pics are shown with 3 drive sprockets. I'm only using 1. Bike's not completed, so I haven't driven it yet but it looks pretty heavy duty.

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

:cool:Zomby, thanks for responding.

i read in your feature article that the hub weighed 11 lbs?!:eek:

what are the ratios in the hub? what is your total gear reduction, including jackshaft sprocket, CVT,etc.?

Myron

Don't know??? I am a freakin build it - ride it - & evaluate it sort of a guy. I left the drivetrain open somewhat. The gear sizes are not written in Stone. They could be altered mucho. The only thing that is permanent is the CVT. If there were one redeeming quality the way these things mount make your motor very happy. True isolated - rubber mounts. Check them out.

OK for a mathmatics CHAMPION CHALLANGE.. The CVT has a reduction box built in
(hint - looks same as all other China cheap trans) If I had to guess 3 to 1. That is transfered with a 3 to 1 slippy auto-centrifical belt - then a custom made 8 tooth (#42 reg 1/2 inch links BMX size sprocket) drives a 28 tooth on the jackshaft. This is reduced to a 18 tooth inside drive on the shaft then to the rear wheel, which has a 22 tooth sprocket. The rear wheel has it's own NuVinci variable so I want to know what time it will be if you left San Diego at 4.00 pm before you reach Hawaii?

lol yeah , Zombie, with that many variables, ride and gear, gear and ride till its right. Took me the longest time to get my first bike geared appropriately. probably would of been quicker if i hadn't kept trying to make it look right on paper and just did it
Haggard

OK for a mathmatics CHAMPION CHALLANGE.. The CVT has a reduction box built in
(hint - looks same as all other China cheap trans) If I had to guess 3 to 1. That is transfered with a 3 to 1 slippy auto-centrifical belt - then a custom made 8 tooth (#42 reg 1/2 inch links BMX size sprocket) drives a 28 tooth on the jackshaft. This is reduced to a 18 tooth inside drive on the shaft then to the rear wheel, which has a 22 tooth sprocket. The rear wheel has it's own NuVinci variable so I want to know what time it will be if you left San Diego at 4.00 pm before you reach Hawaii?

*goes to look for her old PHD in advanced mathematics* ... oh, it must be in my other head lol...

Jemma xx

PS. anyone get the red dwarf link?

NuVinci

This hub is fantastic. Low is Really low - High is really High. Best thing I've used by far. Not even a close second...

But does it shift with full throttle? In other words,do you have to ease off between shifts or could you power away so exciting? :excitement:

Back