Vacuum in gas tank.

rwomer

Local time
4:16 PM
After checking and double checking float bowl adjustment my bowl seemed to run out quickly and the motor would die. I looked at the fuel supply line and repaced the filter with a faster flowing filter. From the tiny metal bead type to a larger paper filter. Same probem, bowl ran dry. Is there supposed to be vents anywhere on the tank that allows for air to replace vacated fuel? I couldn't figure out the gas tank cap to see how. Looks sealed tight to me.

The cap should be vented. Allegedly some come not quite vented. Have you tried running with the gas cap off? Could also be a plugged screen on top of the pet cock or a sticking needle and seat valve

I've seen vented caps. This one has two triangular indentations on the top but not enough to separate a slot in the metal. Will check the petcock too. Weird part is it was working ok. Left it locked outside then found water in it from some soandso. Got it home disassembled to whole system to the intake. Cleaned, replaced, checked operation, reassembled. Then the bowl problem. I'll keep plugging away. Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep it posted.

Back