vacuum leak? wont idle?

FJR Skip

Local time
9:32 AM
instated Raw Racer 100 (YD 100 style motor) and i am getting close to finishing the break in. I love the motor but it wont idle. If i turn the idle up, it will idle, but its way to fast. If I turn it down it will idle for a bit the drop rpms till it stalls it did this on both of my carbs. when the engine is cold, it idles and as it warms up the idle gets higher and when i turn it down it stalls. I am jetted a little rich cause the plug looks fine and at full throttle it four strokes unless I gradually increase the throttle. I know its avacuum leak but i put a new intake gasket on, used permatex copper gasket spray on all surfaces and installed brand new o ring. where else could it be coming from? motor has only 40 miles on it. i also tightened all the cylinder bolts.

instated Raw Racer 100 (YD 100 style motor) and i am getting close to finishing the break in. I love the motor but it wont idle. If i turn the idle up, it will idle, but its way to fast. If I turn it down it will idle for a bit the drop rpms till it stalls it did this on both of my carbs. when the engine is cold, it idles and as it warms up the idle gets higher and when i turn it down it stalls. I am jetted a little rich cause the plug looks fine and at full throttle it four strokes unless I gradually increase the throttle. I know its avacuum leak but i put a new intake gasket on, used permatex copper gasket spray on all surfaces and installed brand new o ring. where else could it be coming from? motor has only 40 miles on it. i also tightened all the cylinder bolts.your
well, my guess is your idle screw might be bent slightly (causing it to rev high or not idle for a while)

id adjust the idle when its warm and leave it at that, since the engine will be warm in about 30 seconds.

well, my guess is your idle screw might be bent slightly (causing it to rev high or not idle for a while)

id adjust the idle when its warm and leave it at that, since the engine will be warm in about 30 seconds.
when i turn the idle down when its warm it just goes from too high to stalling

Sounds like your float is too high, did you check that? 21 mm from the gasket seat.
the delorto clone does not have an adjustable float i dont think, the speed does, but right now i have this on it

Attachments

• motored bike carb.jpg
    motored bike carb.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 130
Okay, make sure the little seal around the cable housing didn't get jostled out of place or damaged while you were putting it back together. I struggled with that little part for a day before I figured it out. Also, check the slide, I had a lot of casting flash on mine and it wouldn't even go to the bottom of the slot. I had to file it all smooth, don't go at it to hard, it still has to fit even and tight but not too tight if you know what I mean. While you have the slide out, stretch the spring, just pull too stretch. Once I got my slide going to the bottom the spring wouldn't push it back down.

My bike runs good now, after I cleaned up a few things in the carb and when it comes on my pipe it flies. Actually it's too fast for me, but a little extra power comes in handy and makes passing renta-scooters fun.

Back