Vader Deathwish

This is my bike i swore i wouldn't motorize it but after much thought and harassment from friends i caved. But instead of going electric or one of them 2 stroke putt putts i chose a predator 79cc 4 stroke. The motor came with a gokart clutch and jackshaft plate but i wasnt happy with the clutch as it was very sluggish and seemed to need to many rpms to get up to a decent speed with my fat ass on the bike. So i upgraded to a comet 30 ctv torque setup with a chain driving the rear wheel. Turns out that because i have a 5 inch rear rim and comet cvt plate only lets you have a drive sprocket fitted on the outside of the plate behind the cvt driver it wouldnt line the chain up with the sprocket on the rear wheel which was installed with one of them rag joint adapters . i purchased a belt drive for the rear wheel and after playing around with all these parts i was collecting ,i ended up using the original jackshaft plate and chucked the cvt driver and drive on and noticed i could install the drive sprocket for the belt drive on the inside of the plate as it didnt have the huge nub the comet plate has and it lined up perfect to my rear wheel which now had a hub adaptor with a billet belt drive mounted to it. That was all ok but still didnt seem to have much speed so i changed the jackshaft driver to a v belt diver and chucked on a whizzer sheave and after playing around configuring it ended up with some decent speed and a bike that is way quieter than a chain driven bike and an engine which sounds like a small Harley. Next i am shopping to upgrade the flywheel, top end and carbs so the motor is a little more throaty.. stay tuned..

here it is on a test run

Attachments

• 118418237_3310302792527601_8609181382233967470_o.jpg
    118418237_3310302792527601_8609181382233967470_o.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 2,856
  • 146856251_3466798250211387_1681659186902946727_o.jpg
    146856251_3466798250211387_1681659186902946727_o.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 257
  • 120157848_3341899766034570_611561338396611322_o.jpg
    120157848_3341899766034570_611561338396611322_o.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 241
  • 26047532_2438207209737168_431559400438689646_n.jpg
    26047532_2438207209737168_431559400438689646_n.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 249
This is my bike i swore i wouldn't motorize it but after much thought and harassment from friends i caved.
Vader Deathwish,
The name says it all when you venture out, on the bike, and i see NO lighting whatsoever...Im not impressed at all whatsoever...what were you thinking, going off into the night with no lights on the bike???...And if you did have any lights, they were not apparent in the video...if you need help and guidance of getting a really good light set...let me know...i will help you...DAMIEN

Last edited:
The build I like, the riding practices not so much. The regular contributors try to teach good riding habits here as well. Carelessness causes laws to get passed that get our self built bikes banned. Many here try to stay within or at least close to what is legal in their area (build wise). Many areas aren't that bad about enforcing specifications if you're outside of the guidelines as long as you obey all the laws that apply to a motorized bicycle.
Welcome to the family here, we don't want to see you hurt or fined is why the lecture is being given.

The build I like, the riding practices not so much. The regular contributors try to teach good riding habits here as well. Carelessness causes laws to get passed that get our self built bikes banned. Many here try to stay within or at least close to what is legal in their area (build wise). Many areas aren't that bad about enforcing specifications if you're outside of the guidelines as long as you obey all the laws that apply to a motorized bicycle.
Welcome to the family here, we don't want to see you hurt or fined is why the lecture is being given.
Yeah that's fair enough but if you look a little closer to the rear left of the bike i had a small red light which i have since upgraded with a LED strip now. On the front i had a tactical LED flashlight/taser which obviously hard to see on the video, I am intending on replacing that with a suitable motorcycle style light and slapping some cranks, pedals and chain on this bike although i cant imagine pedaling the bike that much because of the tension on the belt drive and cvt. To be honest i probably wont ever ride the bike and will more than likely but it up for sale to someone who will ride it whos looking for a bike thats custom from head to toe. The frame is Italian made from TSP Cyclefarm and sports a serial number 002 and i am yet to find another so far thats similar..

No offence taken by anyones comments i appreciate input...

This is my bike i swore i wouldn't motorize it but after much thought and harassment from friends i caved. But instead of going electric or one of them 2 stroke putt putts i chose a predator 79cc 4 stroke. The motor came with a gokart clutch and jackshaft plate but i wasnt happy with the clutch as it was very sluggish and seemed to need to many rpms to get up to a decent speed with my fat ass on the bike. So i upgraded to a comet 30 ctv torque setup with a chain driving the rear wheel. Turns out that because i have a 5 inch rear rim and comet cvt plate only lets you have a drive sprocket fitted on the outside of the plate behind the cvt driver it wouldnt line the chain up with the sprocket on the rear wheel which was installed with one of them rag joint adapters . i purchased a belt drive for the rear wheel and after playing around with all these parts i was collecting ,i ended up using the original jackshaft plate and chucked the cvt driver and drive on and noticed i could install the drive sprocket for the belt drive on the inside of the plate as it didnt have the huge nub the comet plate has and it lined up perfect to my rear wheel which now had a hub adaptor with a billet belt drive mounted to it. That was all ok but still didnt seem to have much speed so i changed the jackshaft driver to a v belt diver and chucked on a whizzer sheave and after playing around configuring it ended up with some decent speed and a bike that is way quieter than a chain driven bike and an engine which sounds like a small Harley. Next i am shopping to upgrade the flywheel, top end and carbs so the motor is a little more throaty.. stay tuned..

here it is on a test run

GasBike has the Chinese CVT with the drive sprocket on the back side of the plate in their kits. That transmission can be purchased
separately too. The problem with the CVT on the 79cc is it robs some horsepower to drive it and tha's one reason I went with the
Predator 212cc which has more than enough power but can break things! Belt drive is usually smoother and the 79cc is a durable
engine too. There are now all kinds of performance parts available for the 79cc. That engine is probably the top choice on a bike and
the 212cc is really too much on a bike but would be a real good workhorse on a trailbike.

Back