Value of later model Whizzers

Risk Man

Local time
2:54 PM
About 150 miles from me is 2008 Whizzer with 1200 miles on it. what is it worth. Looks like very good shape, indication only problem is lights don't work

Thanks

How much did the Add say they want for it?

2008 NER sold new for $1,750
Many people today are asking $1,750 for a running, good condition low miles Whizzer

KBB value is about $1,200 running, good condition low miles

How much did the Add say they want for it?

2008 NER sold new for $1,750
Many people today are asking $1,750 for a running, good condition low miles Whizzer

KBB value is about $1,200 running, good condition low miles
Thanks.. this one is $900, but not easy for me to get to... 2.5 hour drive.

271870863_436971971496054_4540893665231586888_n.jpg

Wrench educate this man if that's a decent one or one that needs an engine rebuild to be reliable from your post history.

You better go buy that bike, it's super nice. Especially if she's a good runner.
if it were easy for me to retrieve I would. I will need to rent a truck and a day to get there and back... but with cash in hand it might be well worth the trip.. Thanks

Thanks.. this one is $900, but not easy for me to get to... 2.5 hour drive.

271870863_436971971496054_4540893665231586888_n.jpg
That bike is beautiful and in great shape 2002 WC-1 Pacemaker 2 for $900 is fair KBB value deal But...
The valve seats in the WC-1 are famous for coming loose within the first 500 miles
The WC-1 was no longer made after 2004 Whizzer offered the NE-5 top end kit to fix all WC-1 bikes
2005-2007NE-5 / 2008-2009 NER / 2014 to present date Cruzzer M/B
The NE - Cruzzer use the same style cyl but the NE-5 2005 - 2007 cyl and heads were the best

Sooner or later that WC-1 is gonna need a top end kit www.whizzercruzzerparts.com/product/cylinder-and-tree.005/
The head bolt pattern is different on the Cruzzer cyl ya gotta buy the cyl kit and you'll need a new exhaust manifold that's different too While your at it ya might as well get the 20mm carb and a high lift cam OH now you'll need new lifters too.

your looking at $300 to $600 to make that Pacemaker 2 a reliable running bike

Some people just buy a new engine
www.whizzercruzzerparts.com/product/dsc04436/
Of course you'll still nee the 20mm carb and exhaust manifold

Now ya might as well spend another $175 and give it an auto clutch
www.whizzercruzzerparts.com/product/dsc03800/

So by the time your done that $900 bike is gonna end up costing just as much as when it was new $1,500
Still a good deal but ya gotta fix er up (y)

That bike is beautiful and in great shape 2002 WC-1 Pacemaker 2 for $900 is fair KBB value deal But...
The valve seats in the WC-1 are famous for coming loose within the first 500 miles
The WC-1 was no longer made after 2004 Whizzer offered the NE-5 top end kit to fix all WC-1 bikes
2005-2007NE-5 / 2008-2009 NER / 2014 to present date Cruzzer M/B
The NE - Cruzzer use the same style cyl but the NE-5 2005 - 2007 cyl and heads were the best

Sooner or later that WC-1 is gonna need a top end kit www.whizzercruzzerparts.com/product/cylinder-and-tree.005/
The head bolt pattern is different on the Cruzzer cyl ya gotta buy the cyl kit and you'll need a new exhaust manifold that's different too While your at it ya might as well get the 20mm carb and a high lift cam OH now you'll need new lifters too.

your looking at $300 to $600 to make that Pacemaker 2 a reliable running bike

Some people just buy a new engine
www.whizzercruzzerparts.com/product/dsc04436/
Of course you'll still nee the 20mm carb and exhaust manifold

Now ya might as well spend another $175 and give it an auto clutch
www.whizzercruzzerparts.com/product/dsc03800/

So by the time your done that $900 bike is gonna end up costing just as much as when it was new $1,500
Still a good deal but ya gotta fix er up (y)
Thank you Thank you Wrench. He claims it is a 2008. He said he bought it from a dealer that went out of business, and it was stored for 12 years. Would you be available tomorrow around 1:30 to send you pics when I go there (2.5 hour drive) and tell me if it is a go or no go? I will have to invest in a $100 rental truck and $40 in gas just to go look at it / buy it.

Thank you Thank you Wrench. He claims it is a 2008. He said he bought it from a dealer that went out of business, and it was stored for 12 years. Would you be available tomorrow around 1:30 to send you pics when I go there (2.5 hour drive) and tell me if it is a go or no go? I will have to invest in a $100 rental truck and $40 in gas just to go look at it / buy it.

1:30 FLA time is 11:30 CA. time I doubt I'll be available

A little Whizzer info about that WC-1 before ya go

Whizzer Motorbikes stopped selling the WC-1 in 2004 and stopped selling all bikes in 2009
Whizzer Taiwan Co. made Whizzers for Whizzer USA from 1999 - 2009 and Whizzer had a 5 year parts contract until 2014
Since 2014 Cruzzer M/B of Taiwan same as Whizzer Taiwan Co. now sells reproduction Whizzer parts under the Cruzzer name

Your looking at a WC-1 2002 Pacemaker 138cc flathead 4 stroke w/manual slip clutch
It's probably gonna need a new top end kit at a minimum

You know he's asking $900
Hopefully you can ride it.
If the bike runs he's got ya @ $900 in 2002 the bike sold new for $1.500 I think

Because Whizzer USA sold the bike under powered @ 1.95 HP and a top speed of 25 mph
Whizzer USA put a restriction plate in the intake and retarded the cam one tooth on purpose to meet EPA and DOT requirements to be able to sell the bike in the USA
The valve seats probably wont come loose as long as ya keep the bike in stock condition and under 30 mph.
But the bike runs like a dog at 1.95 HP with the cam retarded one tooth

I noticed it has the NE-5 air filter on it.
That means it's been worked on I also noticed the crankcase vent hose is venting into the atmosphere
On the WC-1 the crankcase vent hose attached to the WC-1 air filter to re burn blow by gasses, but that was a failure and it only filled the air filter with oil so everyone took the vent hose off the air filter and vented into the atmosphere now some people even switched to the NE-5 air filter because it's smaller and fits the bike better

Everyone advanced the WC-1 cam one tooth and enlarged the hole in the intake restriction plate to get more power 3.5 hp
More power means more heat
This leads to overheating because the cylinder cooling fins are small and the overheating caused the valve seats to come loose within the first 500 miles

If the bike don't run Offer him $750 and explain the upgrades you gonna have to make
NE-5 Cyl top end kit for starters / NE-5 cyl has larger cooling fins, runs cooler, larger valves, bigger carb 4.5 hp

BTW I hope you mechanically inclined because there is no Whizzer manual for these engines
The only Mechanical info you'll find is on the M/B forums.

If your not happy with you engine and If your not comfortable working on engines
You can always contact Whizzer Engine re builder / Whizzer Master @Quenton Guenther and mail him your engine to be upgraded
I recommend Quenton because he has upgraded, or repaired probably over 1K Whizzer engines and he's an honest man

1:30 FLA time is 11:30 CA. time I doubt I'll be available

A little Whizzer info about that WC-1 before ya go

Whizzer Motorbikes stopped selling the WC-1 in 2004 and stopped selling all bikes in 2009
Whizzer Taiwan Co. made Whizzers for Whizzer USA from 1999 - 2009 and Whizzer had a 5 year parts contract until 2014
Since 2014 Cruzzer M/B of Taiwan same as Whizzer Taiwan Co. now sells reproduction Whizzer parts under the Cruzzer name

Your looking at a WC-1 2002 Pacemaker 138cc flathead 4 stroke w/manual slip clutch
It's probably gonna need a new top end kit at a minimum

You know he's asking $900
Hopefully you can ride it.
If the bike runs he's got ya @ $900 in 2002 the bike sold new for $1.500 I think

Because Whizzer USA sold the bike under powered @ 1.95 HP and a top speed of 25 mph
Whizzer USA put a restriction plate in the intake and retarded the cam one tooth on purpose to meet EPA and DOT requirements to be able to sell the bike in the USA
The valve seats probably wont come loose as long as ya keep the bike in stock condition and under 30 mph.
But the bike runs like a dog at 1.95 HP with the cam retarded one tooth

That bike probably has the hole in restriction plate drilled larger to 19 or 22mm because I noticed it has the NE-5 air filter on it.
That means it's been worked on I also noticed the crankcase vent hose is venting into the atmosphere
On the WC-1 the crankcase vent hose attached to the WC-1 air filter to re burn blow by gasses, but that was a failure and it only filled the air filter with oil so everyone took the vent hose off the air filter and vented into the atmosphere now some people even switched to the NE-5 air filter because it's smaller and fits the bike better

Everyone advanced the WC-1 cam one tooth and enlarged the hole in the intake restriction plate to get more power 3.5 hp
More power means more heat
This leads to overheating because the cylinder cooling fins are small and the overheating caused the valve seats to come loose within the first 500 miles

If the bike don't run Offer him $750 and explain the upgrades you gonna have to make
NE-5 Cyl top end kit for starters / NE-5 cyl has larger cooling fins, runs cooler, larger valves, bigger carb 4.5 hp

BTW I hope you mechanically inclined because there is no Whizzer manual for these engines
The only Mechanical info you'll find is on the M/B forums.

If your not happy with you engine and If your not comfortable working on engines
You can always contact Whizzer Engine re builder / Whizzer Master @Quenton Guenther and mail him your engine to be upgraded
I recommend Quenton because he has upgraded, or repaired probably over 1K Whizzer engines and he's an honest man
Thanks.. forgot about the time change and I am asking more questions to him this morning. Did they still label them as a "pacemaker" (on the chain guard in the picture) in 2008 or is he off on the year? Also, if they took it down to 1.95 HP which is the max for moped registration in Florida, can I also tell DMV it is 50CC or less which is also the max for moped registration? Otherwise, I will have to title it as a motorcycle.

Sorry for all the questions. I should have done more of this research in the past, but while I always wanted a whizzer from my youthful days, I did not see them out there so I started building the China Doll bikes and working backwords now.

Back