Value of later model Whizzers

OK, since I have a 2003 and it's a Yugo what do I do now? Should I get a NE 5 motor for it?
Good question.. not my comment, but a quote from someone else. Further to the subject, I was told that the WC-1 would run fine as long as the engine's original specs were maintained. That said, I actually liked my friend's Yugo when it was brand new and suggested that I could buy two of them brand new in exchange for my "85 Camaro! ;)

OK, since I have a 2003 and it's a Yugo what do I do now? Should I get a NE 5 motor for it?
You can never explain a WC-1 in one sentence :LOL:
Here basic info on making your WC-1 a NE-5

Sure a new engine is always good but If ya keep your 2003 WC-1 under 30 mph she should be fine.
But we all know the WC-1 will reach 35- 40 mph with a few easy modifications.
Over heating is what causes the WC-1 to have problems and fail The WC-1 cyl has small cooling fins
Over heating causes the valve seats to pop loose

I got nothing to do at the moment so ... Here are some parts that will fix and make your bike a NE-5

NE-5 style Cyl Top end Kit by Cruzzer Motorbike 1 year warranty
You'll need the NE-5 valve cover/compression release
To make your WC-1 a NE-5 now you should get the high lift cam, new lifters, 20mmcarb, intake manifold spacer, and the NE-5 exhaust manifold. should hit 40- 45mph

New Engine - The bottom end is Whizzer NE-5 the top end is NE-5 style and has a 1 year warranty
You'll also need the 20mm carb and intake manifold spacer, NE-5 exhaust manifold, and wiring adapter to plug the engine electrical to your WC-1 harness. Should hit 40-45 mph
You'll need the Big Breather Kit too

You also might want to upgrade your manual slip clutch to the Auto Clutch 1 year warranty

Now you can put a drum brake wheel on the rear or here's the Whizzer/Cruzzer Disc brake kit

The Cruzzer Cyl is slightly different than Whizzer's 2005-2007 Ask Paul about it he will explain

I will telly you the 2005-2007 NE-5 cyl was the best because the valve seats were cast in place. Not available since 2007

The Cruzzer NE-5 style Cyl has pressed in valve seats or a valve cassette and smaller ports

Paul will make sure you have everything you need to use the Cyl or the New Engine

Good Luck Have Fun

Fast forward 23 days.... The 2008 from the beginning of this thread gave Wrench his "I told you so". Before heading out to buy it the final assesment confirmed it was a 2002 and the deal was off. So...... for the past two weeks I have been working on a 2005 NE5 600 miles north. The avid owner of this bike had too many toys and wanted it to go to a good home... ME! So we met half way yesterday (he came from Augusta Georgia and Me from Southwest Florida and we met in Gainsville Florida. yesterday and rolled it out of his truck and into mine! Though he had to get back early, it seems he could not let go before explaining every detail of the origin of this bike's original owner and what little he has done to it (more on that later). I have much to learn including how to ride this thing and start it up. It is nothing like the light weight CG bike I have built so far. And I need to find some longer legs because I cannot touch the ground with two feet while in the saddle. More to come.

Attachments

• IMG_2086.JPG
    IMG_2086.JPG
    218.9 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2087.JPG
    IMG_2087.JPG
    256.9 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2088.JPG
    IMG_2088.JPG
    287.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2092.JPG
    IMG_2092.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2094.JPG
    IMG_2094.JPG
    218.5 KB · Views: 108
Bike looks real nice...When you fall down the rabbit hole, you go all in i see...lol...Welcome to the Dark Side...lol...Your all ours now...lol...DAMIEN

Or a Fox hole...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220226-175649.png
    Screenshot_20220226-175649.png
    667.1 KB · Views: 127
There is more... I have a 1948 J model on a Schwinn repop (Acording to Wrench) Phantom that is 95% done being delivered from PA via Transport at the end of next week... Stay tuned!

Attachments

• 1999 whizzer.jpg
    1999 whizzer.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 128
There is more... I have a 1948 J model on a Schwinn repop (Acording to Wrench) Phantom that is 95% done being delivered from PA via Transport at the end of next week... Stay tuned!
WOW...You really got it bad...lol...You have gone all the way to the Dark Side now Lord Vader...lol.

Back