Value of later model Whizzers

Florida is on EST, California is on PST...There is a 3 hour disparity in the time zones, not two. so 1:30 pm EST is 10:30 am PST not 11:30 am PST...DAMIEN

What something cost new 20 years ago I don't think matters. These Whizzers are unique bikes with the 125cc motors and their design. Demand drives the market vs supply. That is one clean Whizzer and I think it's worth every cent barring a locked motor or other catastrophe. Think 20 years from now when gas bikes will be made no more, what's it worth then? It will only increase..........just an opinion from what I see.

From reading Wrenches above posts it's hard to believe a 133cc motor only puts out 1.95hp. It is what it is though he knows more than I do about it. A 142f makes more hp than that.

From reading Wrenches above posts it's hard to believe a 133cc motor only puts out 1.95hp. It is what it is though he knows more than I do about it. A 142f makes more hp than that.
Thanks.. sorry I am being so pickey. The seller is checking on a few things for me so today is off. My other wonder is why he has had this listed for over two weeks in a big city in Florida and has not sold it yet? I have asked for a copy of his bill of sale from whom he bought it so I can see what it claims to be on that one. Again, thanks for the group's feedback here.

Thanks.. forgot about the time change and I am asking more questions to him this morning. Did they still label them as a "pacemaker" (on the chain guard in the picture) in 2008 or is he off on the year? Also, if they took it down to 1.95 HP which is the max for moped registration in Florida, can I also tell DMV it is 50CC or less which is also the max for moped registration? Otherwise, I will have to title it as a motorcycle.

Sorry for all the questions. I should have done more of this research in the past, but while I always wanted a whizzer from my youthful days, I did not see them out there so I started building the China Doll bikes and working backwords now.
Tell Fla DMV the Whizzer Factory specs for that Whizzer 138cc 1.95 HP and a top speed of 25 mph

That's why Whizzer stamped the timing dot on the cam one tooth retarded and restricted the intake
So they could prove to the EPA and DOT that their Whizzer M/B was designed to be 1.95hp and a top speed of 25mph
so the bike could be sold and registered as a moped in most states.

But all ya gotta do is advance the cam one tooth counterclockwise and remove the restriction in the intake port
To get more power 3.5 hp The NE-5 has a high lift cam, bigger valves and a 22 mm carb it's got 4.5 hp and reaches speeds of 45 easily

All Whizzers were sold with a "Certificate of Origin" to make it easy to register and the factory specs are on the Books
Easy for any DMV to look up Or for you to look up and make a copy of to present to your DMV

Here is a pic of my "Certificate of Origin"
DSCF6632.JPG
Notice it says it's a Motor Driven Cycle
I didn't have to show this to the Ca. DMV to get my Moped plate
Ca. Moped plate is really easy to get by mail - M/B registration form 230
They don't even want to see the bike. Registration form just asks these 4 yes or no questions
1) Under 149cc
2) Auto trans
3) Top speed 30 mph (I lied my bike will do 50 mph) but the factory specs say it has a top speed of 25 mph (y)
4) Human powered by peddles

Here in Ca. up to 149cc is a Moped as long as it goes under 30 mph and has an auto trans
It's kinda weird here in CA. because if ya got a 50cc and it goes faster than 30 mph your suppose to register it as a Motor Driven Cycle which has all the same rules as a M/C

The 2002 Pacemaker slip clutch is considered an auto trans because ya don't shift gears

Hopefully Whizzer's claim of a top speed of 25 mph will help you get a moped plate even though it's 138cc

You know that Pacemaker will go 35 - 40 mph but don't tell them :LOL:

Whizzer USA pulled a fast one to get around the laws because the engine is 138cc

Factory specs say the Whizzer engine is 138cc 1.95hp and a top speed of 25mph :ROFLMAO:

Whizzer had the Cam timing dot stamped one tooth retarded on purpose and put a restriction in the intake to make the engine have 1.95hp. Whizzer could prove that the engine was designed to only have 1.95 hp
Whizzer made it under powered on purpose to avoid the laws or else Whizzer would of had to comply with the M/C Rules and laws to be able to sell the bikes in the USA . By making it under powered @ 1.95 hp they could sell the bike in the USA as a M/B or Moped

All Whizzer owners know to advance the cam one tooth counterclockwise and remove the restriction in the intake making the bike
WC-1 is actually 3.5 hp
NE-5 is actually 4.5 hp
Yes the tops speeds are between 40 and 50

So the Florida Moped issue with the Whizzer:

Section 320.01(27), Florida Statutes, defines moped as any vehicle with pedals to permit propulsion by human power, having a seat or saddle for the use of the rider and designed to travel on not more than three wheels, with a motor rated not in excess of 2 brake horsepower and not capable of propelling the vehicle at a speed greater than 30 miles per hour on level ground, and with a power-drive system that functions directly or automatically without clutching or shifting gears by the operator after the drive system is engaged. If an internal combustion engine is used, the displacement may not exceed 50 cubic centimeters.
Revision(

Ok on the HP, but not the displacement :cry: Here I would have to register it as a motorcycle... not a game changer, but more $$$$

Tell Fla DMV the Whizzer Factory specs for that Whizzer 138cc 1.95 HP and a top speed of 25 mph

That's why Whizzer stamped the timing dot on the cam one tooth retarded and restricted the intake
So they could prove to the EPA and DOT that their Whizzer M/B was designed to be 1.95hp and a top speed of 25mph
so the bike could be sold and registered as a moped in most states.

But all ya gotta do is advance the cam one tooth counterclockwise and remove the restriction in the intake port
To get more power 3.5 hp The NE-5 has a high lift cam, bigger valves and a 22 mm carb it's got 4.5 hp and reaches speeds of 45 easily

All Whizzers were sold with a "Certificate of Origin" to make it easy to register and the factory specs are on the Books
Easy for any DMV to look up Or for you to look up and make a copy of to present to your DMV

Here is a pic of my "Certificate of Origin"
View attachment 166425
Notice it says it's a Motor Driven Cycle
I didn't have to show this to the Ca. DMV to get my Moped plate
Ca. Moped plate is really easy to get by mail - M/B registration form 230
They don't even want to see the bike. Registration form just asks these 4 yes or no questions
1) Under 149cc
2) Auto trans
3) Top speed 30 mph (I lied my bike will do 50 mph) but the factory specs say it has a top speed of 25 mph (y)
4) Human powered by peddles

Here in Ca. up to 149cc is a Moped as long as it goes under 30 mph and has an auto trans
It's kinda weird here in CA. because if ya got a 50cc and it goes faster than 30 mph your suppose to register it as a Motor Driven Cycle which has all the same rules as a M/C

The 2002 Pacemaker slip clutch is considered an auto trans because ya don't shift gears

Hopefully Whizzer's claim of a top speed of 25 mph will help you get a moped plate even though it's 138cc

You know that Pacemaker will go 35 - 40 mph but don't tell them :LOL:
Well... this does not state the Displacement which must be less than 50cc..... Perhaps this document will pass where the CC is sllent.

Well... this does not state the Displacement which must be less than 50cc..... Perhaps this document will pass where the CC is sllent.

There are no marking's on the bike or engine that say 138cc

You can always put a 49cc sticker on the bike somewhere before ya go to the DMV maybe it'll fake em out :LOL:

When they read the "Certificate of Origin" I bet they assume it's a 49cc because it says 1.95 hp

Because a 49cc 4 stroke M/B engine has 2 or 2.5hp

There are no marking's on the bike or engine that say 138cc

You can always put a 49cc sticker on the bike somewhere before ya go to the DMV maybe it'll fake em out :LOL:

When they read the "Certificate of Origin" I bet they assume it's a 49cc because it says 1.95 hp

Because a 49cc 4 stroke M/B engine has 2 or 2.5hp
Yep... I think that will work. They are just the DMV clerks. Not like the inspectors I had to get through with the custom build registration

Back