Velleman DIY tachometer

J

JosephGarcia

I like that. The tachs I see have analog dials and
I love that look, but just being able to see the RPMs for that price is worth it, I say

Order it, install it, and let us know how it turns out.

S

SchwinnAlloySeven_GT5

I've been considering getting a tach from these guys. They have a decent selection of digital tachs for 2- and 4-strokes.

G

gone_fishin

that's another cool source...i've been considering a tach, too, but i think i'll have to wait for santa.

jol, check this, i'm not sure if it addresses your question or not:

note the very familiar-looking boot.

J

jol

augidog said:
that's another cool source...i've been considering a tach, too, but i think i'll have to wait for santa.

jol, check this, i'm not sure if it addresses your question or not:

note the very familiar-looking boot.
Yeah that was just what I'm considering doing... could test it with a spare 52mm tach now when the beast runs :) or if the 6v will be enough from magneto coil...

A

alesterfeind

What is the recommended RPM? I thought I read 1000, but can't remember. What would we consider redlining on these motors?

A

Alaskavan

The hour meter should be a nice feature. Good way to set maintenace schedules. More accurate than milage. The engine wears even if it's sitting and idling.

A

andyinchville1

I have a sen dec tach on my engine and the engine feels like it screaming at about 6K....I try nor pushing it that fast for very long.....
Andrew

A

Alaskavan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I read the specs on the SenDec, it will read up to 8,000 RPM for a 2-stroke, and up to 4,000 RPM for a 4-stroke. I'm thinking I'll want one to read up to 8,000 on a 4-stroke (not that I will necessarily need it).
Reading the specs at the Tiny Tach site, it appears that on some 4-strokes, the plug fires on every stroke (including the exhaust stroke). Can anyone shed some light on this? I'm wanting to install a tack on a Lifan.