velocity stack? does it work???

H

Herrmanator8

hey there, has anyone out there tried a velocity stack??? ive heard that it allows air to enter the engine smoothly and give it more performance. there any many located on :::

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/pocketbikefilters.html

i wouldnt mind havin one on my little motor, so if anyone could give me some feedback on how this works, thats be great

jon

folks are being very casual about what they're putting in tech/mech help...& the place is a mess again.

tech/mech help is for Q & A about existing problems, not tweaks & experiments!

i wasnt shure, because i kinda need help in knowing how they work and if they work on these engines. but ive been reading and ive pretty much got it down on how it works. but will it work on these engines, or boost performance?

i dont mind if you move it to wild in the streets augi.

jon

Velocity stacks can work (supposed to funnel the air into the carb...hence the tapered edges) but I'd be cautious about using one designed for a 49 CC engine if you you have a 70 CC engine....Might just cause a restriction??
Maybe you have to get some measurements from the mfg about the opening size of their velocity stack....If it is at least as big as the current carb opening I'd say go for it!.....Oh, let us know your findings too if you do it cause I want
more power too! ;-O

Andrew

well, i could bore out the hole if its too small. but i would buy one with a large hole. and if you want to see them, click the link above on my previous post.

jon

i wasnt shure, because i kinda need help in knowing how they work and if they work on these engines. but ive been reading and ive pretty much got it down on how it works. but will it work on these engines, or boost performance?

i dont mind if you move it to wild in the streets augi.

jon

you could always carve 1 out of wood just to experament.

Any new news on this velocity stack?....One other thing I thought of was (at least on some of the older "hot Rod" type cars was that the velocity stacks were fairly tall (i.e. long) to help ram the air in./...Hmmm speaking of which...lemme make a new post....Ram Air...

well, ya, my dads harley has a nice velocity stack, hight performance engines need that flowing air. it was just an idea. i most likely wont follow up it buying one, they seem interesting though.

that wouldnt be such a bad idea dave. i might try it sometime maybe paint it the color i like.

jon

Last edited by a moderator:
Back