Velosolex Build

So I really liked this engine that came with the cheapo FD, but it wasnt so noise friendly. I cruise thru quiet
neighborhoods to get to town and it draws a lot of attention, the kind you dont want.
Heres a fix, was easy and cost only a bit over $10. Its much quieter now almost 4stroke quiet. With the 1.5” roller
its quite a performer and I wanted to be able to use it. Its easy to swap engines, about 10 + minutes so its nice to have
a options.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0977.jpeg
    IMG_0977.jpeg
    286.4 KB · Views: 84
So I really liked this engine that came with the cheapo FD, but it wasnt so noise friendly. I cruise thru quiet
neighborhoods to get to town and it draws a lot of attention, the kind you dont want.
Heres a fix, was easy and cost only a bit over $10. Its much quieter now almost 4stroke quiet. With the 1.5” roller
its quite a performer and I wanted to be able to use it. Its easy to swap engines, about 10 + minutes so its nice to have
a options.
I've been an avid used of the B&S hotdogs muffler for years.
 
My son and I built a couple of bike years back using the same type of engine. His was a 70, mine was a 125. I believe
he later put a 125 top end on his but Im not sure.
 
So thats what I get having two threads. The 43cc engine was for the other thread. Oh well.
 
Top end. I'd like to keep the original bottom end.
Yes it's only 2mm over bore, the stud pattern is the same but the ct 90's stroke and cylinder height are different than the Lifan being shorter, and the 52mm bore kit would only give you 96cc and without a rod change waist of time and effort for such little gain IMO anyway.
 
Yes it's only 2mm over bore, the stud pattern is the same but the ct 90's stroke and cylinder height are different than the Lifan being shorter, and the 52mm bore kit would only give you 96cc and without a rod change waist of time and effort for such little gain IMO anyway.
The reason I was asking is not for power gain, but for easy replacement for the original. The original had some bad rust and I got it honed out, but there is still heavy water marks. It is currently 2 thousands over the size of the piston. I could probably hone it out some more.
 
The seat was a hard won battle. The bike at one point landed on its left side bending the seat frame. Its pretty stout and took a bunch of choice words to straighten it. Then I had to restring the left springs. Thing was a pain to strip, but its done.
A trick I learned years back on tail light lenes. European lenes fade to almost clear from the sun. This one was. Get a red magic marker and coat it til the color is back, usually 2-3 times. When dry buff it with a paper towel. This one was rough, and impossible so far to find. I think it will be ok.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0978.jpeg
    IMG_0978.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0979.jpeg
    IMG_0979.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 66
The seat was a hard won battle. The bike at one point landed on its left side bending the seat frame. Its pretty stout and took a bunch of choice words to straighten it. Then I had to restring the left springs. Thing was a pain to strip, but its done.
A trick I learned years back on tail light lenes. European lenes fade to almost clear from the sun. This one was. Get a red magic marker and coat it til the color is back, usually 2-3 times. When dry buff it with a paper towel. This one was rough, and impossible so far to find. I think it will be ok.
You could 3d print one of those.
 
Back
Top