velotruck

After reading the post on the attrative sidecar bike, I decided to show a few picts of a three-wheeler I put together this fall. At this point it doesn't have a motor yet. The frame is one made in india which I picked up at a scrap metal yard about ten years ago. The fork is off an english bike which most closely matched the remenants of the original fork. I had to cut down and extend the threads on the steering tube. The left rear wheel is attached tightly to the rear axle. The right rear wheel has hub bearing in addition to the axle bearings. These bearings had desinigrated on this bike and I couldn't find any repacements. The axle diameter is 5/8" I machined new bearing out delrin. I put a wood flatbed on top of the rear basket. Installed a mountain bike rack on the front(not yet installed at the time of these pictures). After riding it off road hauling straw in a pasture, I plan to build a new rear subframe to lengthen the wheelbase to improve the stability and weight distribution. The load in the pictures weighed 120 pounds. This trike is a singlespeed for now.
168_strawhauler_small3_2.jpg

168_strawhauler_small1_1.jpg

168_strawhaquler_small2_1.jpg

Psug.....I have a rickshaw and am going to try to put a motor on it this summer any ideas ???? I was thinking of a Honda friction grip on the frt tire rather than a chain drive .
:? :? :? :? :?
Cookie

THANK YOU COOKIE,

Like the vulture in the tree, I've been patiently waiting for a Coloradan to post a map in "Travels" so I could post the "coolest bike I saw in Denver" pix. The "rickshaw" comment looks like an opportunity to pounce on roadkill.....

21_denver_039_1.jpg

21_denver_040_1.jpg

Oriental Theater is on one side of the resturaunt, and a rare "run by cool folks" bikeshop is one block west.....

Last edited by a moderator:
YUP that is it except mine also has the lever hand break and is in burgandy :) I had to drive to Ga to pick that thing up and that was a long drive but the price was right and it had only been ridden in the guys driveway it was way cool.

cookie

bama', i'll split that pavement-platter with ya 8)

the original san diego pedal taxi site, click the pic:

i'm thinking front belt-drive & auto-pilot oughta do it 8)

http://www.pedicab.com/pedicabs.html this is a Denver Co. but can you thing how much fun it would be to run a rickshaw in the summer along the beach and u guys would love the beach bunnies hopping in and out of the cab lol and you could be getting paid for riding the bike on nice days + getting paid to have advertising on ur bike.....they are putting a BASS PRO shop here in town and we want to get the rickshaw up and running to take the tourist back and forth to the antique village $$

cookie

rideing down the beach would be pretty easy on this with the fatto tires. i need to get a better pic of it.
81_100_7206_2.jpg

Cool Pics, trikes looks pretty vesatile, anyone ever see the motortrike/gygsy wagon in La Strada?

wheels

Back