velotruck

After reading the post on the attrative sidecar bike, I decided to show a few picts of a three-wheeler I put together this fall. At this point it doesn't have a motor yet. The frame is one made in india which I picked up at a scrap metal yard about ten years ago. The fork is off an english bike which most closely matched the remenants of the original fork. I had to cut down and extend the threads on the steering tube. The left rear wheel is attached tightly to the rear axle. The right rear wheel has hub bearing in addition to the axle bearings. These bearings had desinigrated on this bike and I couldn't find any repacements. The axle diameter is 5/8" I machined new bearing out delrin. I put a wood flatbed on top of the rear basket. Installed a mountain bike rack on the front(not yet installed at the time of these pictures). After riding it off road hauling straw in a pasture, I plan to build a new rear subframe to lengthen the wheelbase to improve the stability and weight distribution. The load in the pictures weighed 120 pounds. This trike is a singlespeed for now.
168_strawhauler_small3_2.jpg

168_strawhauler_small1_1.jpg

168_strawhaquler_small2_1.jpg

cookie said"Psug.....I have a rickshaw and am going to try to put a motor on it this summer any ideas ???? I was thinking of a Honda friction grip on the frt tire rather than a chain drive . "
I finally found the picture I had of a motorized pedicab. here's the picture

Not really a cab, it's more like the "short buscycle".

Thanks to LF for finding the picture.

Attachments

• Short buscycle.jpg
    Short buscycle.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 351
My Pedicab/Rickshaw

168_9c_1motorized_pedicab_1-jpg.86246

FYI
This just happens to be my Rickshaw.
I posted this picture 10 plus years ago.
I was just searching to see if anyone one else had one..

It is pretty close to original except for the engine.
It was replaced with a 1970s Brigs and Stratton.
I still own it to this day and looks and runs just as good.

Also I have not been able to find one like it.

Back