Vendors selling new motors

mrbg

Local time
7:42 PM
Does anyone know of vendors selling new 80cc 2strokes with good bearings?

Theres no 80cc engines. There are 66 and 69cc ones. Look for the one with a 40mm stroke. Thats the 69cc one.

Good bearings? You may get lucky. You can look for ones that say "upgraded hardware"

The current bt100 is a true 80cc engine as is the yd100 both are one piece jugs with larger bores and long stroke at 40mm.The bt100 has a 12mm little end witch makes it a good candidate for even larger bored builds,it also has larger transfer feeds.Better bearings do not come in the kits regardless of what the vendor says in their advertising,It's up to you to replace the crappy Chinese bearings for quality ones.

The current bt100 is a true 80cc engine as is the yd100 both are one piece jugs with larger bores and long stroke at 40mm.The bt100 has a 12mm little end witch makes it a good candidate for even larger bored builds,it also has larger transfer feeds.Better bearings do not come in the kits regardless of what the vendor says in their advertising,It's up to you to replace the crappy Chinese bearings for quality ones.
That's what I thought the upgraded hardware I thought refers to the larger motor mount studs and the case screws. I think I'll check out the you tube video of the Brit calling out the junk bearings. He sent back the motors and I think found a factory selling motors with good bearings. I thought there'd be a US vendor selling by now

I'm pretty sure you'd never be able to tell what kind of bearing are in the case. They are ther first thing I change whenever I get an engine. Then I know exactly what's inside. People can and will tell you whatever you want to hear for a sale. Unless your a bearing expert or have a catalogue to cross reference numbers and markings i doubt you'd know the difference just by looking

I'm pretty sure you'd never be able to tell what kind of bearing are in the case. They are ther first thing I change whenever I get an engine. Then I know exactly what's inside. People can and will tell you whatever you want to hear for a sale. Unless your a bearing expert or have a catalogue to cross reference numbers and markings i doubt you'd know the difference just by looking
Ya I went back and looked at the you tube video I don't think the Brit found a factory using skf bearings and unfortunately the distributors just pass the buck. There cheap motors it's a shame I'd pay a little more money for a kit motor with good bearings I don't feel like splitting cases,oh well it took them forever to upgrade the motor mount studs maybe they'll figure it out soon

My 2 cents. A lot of the guys on here build engines for superior performance, and pay attention to their engines with periodical tear downs and replacing parts as preventative maintenance. If this is your MO then you should definitely upgrade the bearings as you will go through several top ends while still using the same bottom end. However if you are like most of the people I deal with on a daily basis and just plan on running the piss out of it till it's done then don't bother with the bearings because they will most likely outlast almost if not every other part in your engine.
Will I be upgrading the bearings in the next engine I build for myself? Yes.

That's what I thought the upgraded hardware I thought refers to the larger motor mount studs and the case screws. I think I'll check out the you tube video of the Brit calling out the junk bearings. He sent back the motors and I think found a factory selling motors with good bearings. I thought there'd be a US vendor selling by now
Post that link to the video please

Is
Didn't zeda go with the 50mm bore for the yd100? If so is the 40mm jug compitable with the yd100 and what is tje advantage of having this setup.

Last edited:
Back