VERY early example of overseas Whizzer... (photo)

Yaquina143

Local time
5:33 AM
In my research regarding Whizzer use by the military (which as it turns out never really happened) I stumbled onto this photo.

This was taken in May of 1949 in occupied Japan. It is of a regular civilian Whizzer that was hit by an MP' Jeep.

Thought you all might find it interesting.

Attachments

• whizsmall.jpg
    whizsmall.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 829
Amazing Old Mtr Bikes!!

Thanks for sharing. I sure got a lesson in history :)

Fyi

Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond! We are looking forward to returning to the states, we have been here in Germany for over 5 years now and although we are officially here for at least 2-4 more years, we can go any time that the opportunity presents itself.( an opportunity is now open for FT.Bragg N.Carolina) I really am greatly interestrd in all of the many concepts you have offered regarding gas powered bikes!! I really do want to get involved and hope to be as good at it as so many of you are. The wife and I have a new Mini -Cooper and I have a fully restored MG( cars) but I have a soft spot in my heart for a gas powered bike of sorts, I am 54 years old and I remember a neighbor of mine zipping around on a whizzer way back when, delivering news papers in the early 60s. I thought that I might like to Just buy a fully restored version of that, I know that would be a 'cop out' of sorts, and then I saw 'Spooky tooths' models and thought that may be a way to go,( Quarve) I don't know, what do you all think? I have had some motor cycles in the past, but I would really like something smaller and more ' Bike, Like).. In my real life, I am a military pilot and respect good quality machines, but that does not mean that I am a good mechanic, I really am not,, just a basic screw driver and pliers sort of guy, so to speak and not as nearly good as you all are at these things. I am well versed in electronics ( not that that will do me any good here) but that could perhaps be useful in some small way as I go along. Thanks for (in advance) for any of you willing to point me in the right direction, and I hope to hear from any one in these regards,, Rhett

If you transfer to NC, get a Whizzer and we can go riding when you visit the NC beaches.
Many from Ft Bragg come here for vacation & to get away for the weekend, come on down...........
Have Fun
Whizzer OuterBanks,
Quenton

Back