VERY Fast Motorized Bikes!!

i'm not upset bcos he runs that fast. in fact, i'm not upset at all. did u even read the op?

Why are so many upset when someone claims that they run xx mph? why bother?
Well, it's not the MPH, it's the probable misleading description the MPH entails.Then go read his replies to a possible customer, a huge j.e.r.k. just asking for some "put up or shut up".I come from the "show me,... don't tell me" school of thought, and being a gremlin, always like to see someone slinging BS, end up eating a little off their foot.

US$1800?

is this guy serious? and thats owner supplied frame?

i feel bad charging 300! when the engine cost half of that!

not to mention the stock exhaust, the stock ignition, the stock...everything!

lol, 60mph could have meant 60 METRES per hour perhaps?

dont worry. you can get one of these up to 60mph...with a LOT of mods.

wheres that estonian video of them, where they dont bother with the pedals and pop rooster tails?

and dont forget the world record for 50cc is over 140MPH. though im SURE a HT would grenade by then :)

I'm torn between asking for his email, and feeling some pity for the lad.

I'll give him "A" for Marketing Schemes though, and the ability to promote multiple legal cases.

States laws define what vehicles they allow on their public roadways. If a vehicle doesn't fall within one the parameters of what they allow on the public roadways then the vehicle is considered for off road and/or private property use only.

In Pennsylvania's laws in order to be considered a motor driven cycle. It must be built by a certified manufacture. In order to be a motorized peddlecycle it must have an automatic transmission, be under 50 cc and have peddles. An individual can build a motorized peddlecycle.

In Pennsylvania's laws if it uses a manual clutch and/or is over 50 cc and isn't made by a certified manufacture then its considered an off road vehicle.

Wow, Pennsylvania sounds weird. Where I live, if there's no law saying you can't, then you can. How do they even word a law like the one you mention there?

as far as im aware in nsw, australia... get a pitbike, and it cant be registered. classed as a toy.

but, make a new frame for it....go ahead, all it needs is an engineer, registered with the motor registry, to say its good to go :)

ie, choppers, jacked up 4wd, even a simple exhaust mod, all the way to making your own bike from scratch. legal. no certified manufacture around! just have to meet standards, what with brakes, horns, lights a certain height.

making a car isnt so easy. all these new rules, like side airbags on new vehicles... basically impossible.

arent US laws great? i know its the wrong state, wisconsin, but still... if these laws had been in place around 100 years ago...no harley, no indian... same with the aviation industry. with all the red tape nowadays, orville and wilbur would have just stuck to selling pushbikes.

ours arent much better :(

oooh! a stump tailed skink just walked in the door to say howdy :)

Why are so many upset when someone claims that they run xx mph? why bother?

Because it is a safety issue - 60 mph on a bicycle with which in most cases are only fitted with rudimentary brakes is nothing short of suicidal, not only for the rider but for everyone else who happens to get in his way; not expecting a bicycle to be doing 60 mph.

The second issue is that of giving the "whole" motorized bicycle community a bad name through the actions of an irresponsible person wishing to ride a motorized bicycle faster than 30 mph.

Wow, Pennsylvania sounds weird. Where I live, if there's no law saying you can't, then you can. How do they even word a law like the one you mention there?

Since you don't have a location listing I can't look up the statutes of where you live. I only research USA state laws. 50 states enough to keep track of. I like knowing other states laws so if I'm ever in another state would I have legal issues riding my bike there.

All to often people think they know the law when they don't. It's not very hard to look up a states statutes on websites. Once in awhile recent changes can occur in a states law which haven't made it onto some of the websites. That's what makes our legal section so good here. That often these changes first appear here.

My issues with this guy is he makes it sound like he machine out the block and somehow redesigned the inside of the engine to get higher performance. The price is outrageous, the speed is unbelievable and then there's the legal issues. We all know he a fraud. However there are people who know little about motorized bicycles who could be taken by this guy.

I've built many bikes. However at the moment I only have one. I plan to build another soon so that friends can ride with me. Of the bikes I've built it was helping somebody else build theirs. I've never charged anybody for helping them. All that I've asked is they ride with me if they come to my town and have their bike with them. I get it that others may want to operate a business but be honest and don't rip people off. Or use misleading ads.

apparently the carb is electronically controlled.

geee, only a low 1200 if its my bike! how sweet a deal is that!

"I have a 68cc right now that has no problem reaching that speed but first what kind of bike are you mounting the engine on. That makes a huge difference as far as what speeds you will obtain. The 68cc has an electronic controlled carb and hits 45 to 50mph easy.. and with some tweaking it has some snot. Price is $1,200.00 installed on your bike...comes with everything except all the bad bad factory designed parts. These motors are no joke. The plausibility you will hit is 60 easy is there. Like I said depends on the bike and it's gearing. Sometimes I have to make other parts to fit these engines to a bike.. I'm not the internet bike parts sellers. I'm a custom engineering company that actually builds and re-engineers what the chinamen screw up in their designs...
My 48 and 50cc motors are designed to run at speeds of 35 to 50mph again the bikes gearing determines the speeds not the engine itself. However the engine and carb can be modified.. Let that be said.. I won't modify these bikes for adults with childrens minds. These are not tanks or dirt bikes they're touring bikes or grocery getters. The wheels bend easily from abuse and spinning the tires and I have had people lie to me it came apart they didn't know why. A guy even went out of his way to put a brand new tire on his bike and claimed he didn't abuse it. then I found all the rubber caked under the frame.... These are touring bikes and it's even easier to get dead on one than it is hitting 60mph.."

end quote :giggle:

childrens minds :giggle:

obviously he gets scared when people talk sensible to him :)

Back