very long ride

Though it may not be the advise you want to hear, from everything I've read here I wouldn't suggest any frame-mount for distance travel,... OR plan extra time for breakdowns and visits to the bike shops and machine shops.If you're dead set on a frame-mount, build it, and ride the c.r.a.p out of it for a month prior, to see what's going to break, so you can buy extra parts to haul with you.My ultimate suggestion is to get a GEBE system, and extra belt, and have a worry free trip.

So you think i should ditch the chopper?? maybe keep it for a cool thing to ride around home? and i was already thinking trailer with parts on it but I'm thinking i may take ur advice. best place to buy gebe from??

a chopper for the beach, the sidewalk, the slow cruise past the ladies looking all bling. gear it so it goes up hills, not for speed.

a real mountain bike, not a cheapie from the discount store, but a real steel frame bike with solid components that wont bend or break. thats what you use to ride interstate!

the choice of engine isnt so much the critical factor, as the reliability of everything else...and the ability to pedal comfortably if all else fails!

a good setup is a good setup. a bad one will just fail here there, everywhere.

you get what you pay for.

nothing looks stupider than pushing a chopper home :giggle:

If riding a diamond frame, make sure it's one where you can easily stand on the pedals and control the bike well.A decent MTB set up as a comfort bike (higher handlebars) is a good start.I can easily do 200 miles in a day on my LWB recumbent, but my wrists/neck/butt wouldn't be able to handle near that much on a diamond frame.Some form of MTB or geared cruiser/comfort (steel framed) will do ya.

Back