Villiers attachment on 1950s Phillips

Mr Plastic Dropcloth is my best friend ;)

I don't keep anything with fuel in it inside the house, but old and venerable engines will sometimes drip a variety of ancient black oil that is unbelievably sticky and grimey.

Hi the Whizzer Sheave is a smooth pulley designed for fractional HP belts, but also works on Automotive v-belts.

As of this writing whizzer offers no cogged pulleys for any purpose.

Mike

your saying I could use a V- belt on the whizzer sheave. The sheave is what Golden Eagle calls a drive ring, that right? Will the sheave mount up on a 36 spoke regular bike wheel? And while I'm at it how much room does it take between spokes and chain stays ? By the way thanks for the reply over on the newbe sight.. Bill

Last edited:
your saying I could use a V- belt on the whizzer sheave. The sheave is what Golden Eagle calls a drive ring, that right? Will the sheave mount up on a 36 spoke regular bike wheel? And while I'm at it how much room does it take between spokes and chain stays ? By the way thanks for the reply over on the newbe sight.. Bill

Bill, the sheave is what GEBE calls a drive ring, and will mount on a standard 36 spoke wheel. As far as the amount of room is concerned, on a lot of bikes you will usually need to slightly bend (I've heard the word "crimp" used) both the chain stay and the seat stay to allow for adequate clearance.

thanks for the info on the sheave on a 36 spoke wheel. I understand crimping at the point where the sheave would run. Does GEBE have a web sight,or do I have to go thru Goldon Eagle to buy individual parts I wonder. If I lived in Calf.

thanks for the info on the sheave on a 36 spoke wheel. I understand crimping at the point where the sheave would run. Does GEBE have a web sight,or do I have to go thru Goldon Eagle to buy individual parts I wonder. If I lived in Calf.

They do indeed. Look to ads on the left, and they are usually right at the top.

The All-Electric-Hercules is running wonderfully well and has been a thoroughly reliable means of transport for me. The hubmotor kit has had considerable use and has always been completely reliable. For local use an e.bike can't be beat in my opinion, but out here in the country with longer distances between towns I'm going to need a motored bicycle if I want to venture further afield.
I know they're strange devices, but I think I'm going to have a lot of fun building motor wheels :D As a self contained (and self propelled) engineering exercise they are quite a unique challenge, possibly even an artform in their own right...... :eek::confused::rolleyes::D

WallAutowheelDrawing.jpg

Annie- Hi. I have been reading your blog regarding your endeavours to make a replica Wall Autowheel.

A group of Wall Autowheel and Smith Motorwheel owners are planning a rally in Ohakune, New Zealand, in about a years time and I would like to know how you are getting on with your project. Some in our group may well be able to help you as some of us have more than one "wheel". In which town do you live? Looking forward to hearing from you. Kind regards. Geoffrey

Back