vintage whizzers

ezerider

Local time
4:59 PM
hi everyone.
i came across 3 old whizzers from the 40s.a 48 pacemaker with a looped schwinn frame,a 49 pacemaker and a 48 monark rocket.barn fresh condition.ive restored 2 back to working order and starting on the 3rd project.its a 1948 monark rocket with h model whizzer motor.the first two bikes i restored back to stock except for the chopper bars on the 49 but ive since switched back to short low bars.,but this last one im going to make a 1905ish harley davidson replicia.
im currently working on a wood tank as a pattern then ill be making the real one once im happy with size and looks.
ill be looking at others examples and im sure ill have a few questions as motorized bicycles is still new to me.i have restored many vintage motorcycles and work as a machinist.
looking forward to any advice for my project.
sean

Attachments

• whizzer2.jpg
    whizzer2.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 192
  • pacemaker5.jpg
    pacemaker5.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 204
  • boardtracker2.jpg
    boardtracker2.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 178
Welcome to MBc, Sean. If those are all 'barn finds', it looks like you struck gold. You seem to be doing a fine job on them. Please keep rhe photos coming...we all want to know about the progress you are making. Good Luck, to you.
Patrick

thank you patrick.
they were all in barn condition when i bought them off a 90 yr old collector who fiqured he didnt have time to restore them.i just finished painting the monark rocket harley grey and in the process of pinstripping in red and black.picked up a 1975 indian dirt bike tank that has that long narrow look i was after...adding a 5" 1930s spot light as a headlight...more pics soon....the 48 pacemaker im having spark troubles,added a new coil and electronic ign but one of em isent working,after switching back to points and condenser i did get spark so i think i have it narrowed down.

Back