Virginia People, CHECK IN!

Discussion in 'Races, Events & Group Rides' started by DJEEPER, Jun 22, 2009.

1. DJEEPER

DJEEPER Member

Hey guys! i was wondering if anyone in here is in Virginia? I am in the south east part in Yorktown.

Who else is in VA?

<
  2. jsttylr

jsttylr New Member

I'm from northern Virginia, we might as well be our own state. What do you ride, and have you had any run-ins with any LEOs?

3. DJEEPER

DJEEPER Member

My old ride was this:
    http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o240/djeeper/DSCN1007-1.jpg
    I rode this thing around for a while and never had any issues.
    I had alot of "OH COOL" looks, but never had any issues from the LEO's. I did my best to ride it on the back streets instead of the main streets though.

I am going to slap a 49cc sticker on the side of my engine on my current project :D:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2009
  4. jsttylr

jsttylr New Member

That's sick but we can't be the only VA MBer's I've heard that there is another guy in my area with a fleet of MBs that builds and sells them we should organise a VA ride on the capitol (richmond) for me that's about a 2-2.5 drive so prolly 4-5ish via MB on Rt. 1.

5. DJEEPER

DJEEPER Member

Yeah, that sounds good!

My bike has been done for about 3 weeks now....i could probably make Richmond in 2.5 hours on my MB via Rt. 60.
    [​IMG]

6. jsttylr

jsttylr New Member

I am finifhing the tune om my exp chamber tonight and installing a sidepull front brake, I have a boost bottle and a slant head in the mail. I'd like to wait for nuvinci but I could probably be convinced to do it on a 1 speed.

7. DJEEPER

DJEEPER Member

i have a Nexus 7 speed rear...and i think its perfect. a 3 speed is minimum.

I put the tuned black pipe on my bike from SBP and noticed a nice nice increase in umph.

8. jsttylr

jsttylr New Member

whats the fastest you've taken the nexus hub to? I'm trying to get in the 70mph club :p

9. jsttylr

jsttylr New Member

also, here is a picture of my two babies

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2009
  10. DJEEPER

DJEEPER Member

uh, by 70mph, im sure you mean 40mph right?

my bike will do around 40...though i havent GPS'ed it yet.

11. jsttylr

jsttylr New Member

nah i mean 70mph i broke 40 a couple times downhill on a completely stock motor, after the head comes in it should have the torque to run a 27 tooth sprocket nicely. that should put me at about 44mph currently. possibly some 5052 fairings with build in windshield and a rear as well as cast wheels, i don't think 70 is unreasonable on a bicycle. :p

12. VIIPER

VIIPER New Member

Virgina Beach here guys! Just built my first MB a week ago (wife thinks it's ridiculous). Brand new Schwinn Del Mar from Wally World. A whopping $114.00. Ordered a 66cc Black Stallion kit from GasBike and they sent me a GruuBee SkyHawk GT-5 instead. No complaints here.
    Picking up a #41 chain from Northern Tool today. Original one broke on me Wednesday night at the master link. Sent my 300 lb A$$ over the bars. OUCH!!!

13. DJEEPER

DJEEPER Member

dont use masterlinks! :p

just sayin

14. VIIPER

VIIPER New Member

Got the new chain. Tensioner issues now. Mounting roller onto a 1/4 " thick piece of aluminum to go from frame to frame. I'll be back on the road one day!! LOL

15. seacatman

seacatman New Member

Virgiia Beach guy here. Have a Wallmart Mongoose bike with a GEBE setup with the Mithibishi 43 engine.

16. DJEEPER

DJEEPER Member

hey! someone who is closer :)

maybe i will have to make my way out there and we can cruise the strip (even though the signs clearly say no cruising... :p )

17. VIIPER

VIIPER New Member

Let's hook up one evening guys. I'd like to see some other motored bikes.
    I live in Kempsville.

18. seacatman

seacatman New Member

That sounds great I live near the courthouse. Larry

19. neicull

neicull Member

norfolk builder/ghent cruisers

Yo guys! I live in ghent and ride often. I have about 6 guys out here that ride with me. I commute weekly on mine. We've got a site with some cool parts and VA info. If you ever have questions drop me a line. I've built quite a few of these bikes and in different forms. I'd be down for a ride sometime soon. Lets organize it. email me.

20. VIIPER

VIIPER New Member

September 13 Sunday 1:00 pm
    City View Park
    2073 Kempsville Rd.
    Virginia Beach, VA 23464

Bikes, spare parts and bikes for sale, lawn chairs, sandwiches, sodas, etc
    RSVP: Bobby at: viiper2008@yahoo.com

SHOULD BE A BLAST!!!