VM18 carb mount too wide for intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
im running the OZ Reed from JL on Amazon right now and even tho i purchased it before they started having the 3 sizes of intakes for it i was missing the to with but it got sent to me like 2 weeks later and its been running strong ever since but im not running case reed im running a ZL short crank bottom end with a max ported zeda80 cylinder OZ reed and mz65 pipe. and honestly i havent gotten this bottom end outta breakin yet but even not quite tuned right and exhaust gasket issues from to much bounce in the pipe from rough side walks it wants to cruise at 40mph almost it seems at barely 3800 rpms so im hoping thats good lol

I ordered it and the 23mm got a uni air filter and threaded rod to make longer studs. The cylinder I'm using is a big bore 48mm iron sleeved. I'm wondering if it will be able to go 40 too. I'll be using a NGK plug (the thing is idk if I should have got the longer plug since I got a B5HS), one of the banana pipes, VM18 and the reed valve. I was thinking of getting the OZ magneto too and a stage I CDI. Already put alot of money into it though so probably stick to stock. I want to build a road legal bike soon maybe with a small 4 stroke honda or other japanese engine. The only problem is how to make a charging system work since in my states to make one legal you NEED lights if you want a moped registration. I was thinking GXH50 but those are pretty expensive and I'd have to mess with the governor and carb atleast that's what terry blow said in a video I would still want the Honda over the Huasheng though.

i got same air filter and plan on chopping some bolts when i get free time for studs to jb weld in place i think that will fix my exhaust issue i hope i use stock cdi with plug wire from ace hardware and b6hs plugs with a super magneto from CR machine not to mention ive upgraded to sealed bearings all the way around and have an origin8 Hornet freewheels on it lol its loud af

Sealed main bearings? shouldn't they be open so the 2 stroke oil can lubricate? I guess it might be better because any shavings from break in can't get to the ball bearings. I have brand new Japanese bearings in the black crankcase and the other crank is stuck on the bearing. I could have used those but am just going to go with the stock ones in new block. It was a pain even taking apart the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back