VM18 on 79cc?

Will'smotobikes19

Local time
10:54 AM
It is possible? what size jets do I need I have a 90 and 22.5 pilot in it. It is running very strangely on the CG and I'm now going 4 stroke again. 1,000 ft above sea level so want to try using it on something else.

It is possible? what size jets do I need I have a 90 and 22.5 pilot in it. It is running very strangely on the CG and I'm now going 4 stroke again. 1,000 ft above sea level so want to try using it on something else.
its possible, you just need a adapter. those 90cc chinese bikes use them. a vm16 might be a better option though but if you alreadty have it i would just rejet, i think a 90 will be a but rich, try a 60 or a 65 and go up.
good luck!

If you have a welder you can make an adapter pretty easily for like $6 of parts. Check the web for local metal recyclers - Lowes wanted $30 for a 12x12" 1/4" steel plate and I got one at a steel recycling/heavy equiptment yard that was even bigger for $5.50 lol. They also have TONs of supplies, parts, gears, rods, chains, etc.

This is one I recently made using just some cheap scrap metal 1/8" plate, a vice, cutoff wheel, harbor freight crappy flux welder, and some 1.25" tubing(used the vice to crimp end to an oval). Not the prettiest thing since flux core splatters a lot, but it works and was super cheap - they wanted $30-$40 for one that would likely be at the wrong angle for what I needed anyway.

I’d need a 23mm tube preferably seamless pipe. I have no idea what jet works for the 79cc. I still need to seal up the case cover and adjust valves. Vm18 should be an upgrade. I never liked the throttle action in the stock carb. The stupid nuts still won’t move on the rockers. Aggrevating. I need a mini butane torch or something.

Back