Vyper shop Chair Beast!

Risk Man

Local time
5:08 AM
So my tired and weary back ( and my caring wife) told me I needed to get the best shop chair I could find to keep me from walking like a cave man when I came in from the shop. Now I am not cheap , but old office chairs used to serve me well in the shop over the years… younger years.

So I bit the bullet and paid a bunch of money for the best chair I could find and after a few hours tonight I am sold… all 32 pounds of my new Vyper industries shop chair.

Attachments

• F628B39E-67B5-4AAF-B8E0-2575E31EEFDA.jpeg
    F628B39E-67B5-4AAF-B8E0-2575E31EEFDA.jpeg
    211.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 1BC1461D-0A0E-41E0-8764-D302BB18AAF7.jpeg
    1BC1461D-0A0E-41E0-8764-D302BB18AAF7.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 1F997314-30F5-4707-B067-5EE361BC3881.jpeg
    1F997314-30F5-4707-B067-5EE361BC3881.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 52
So my tired and weary back ( and my caring wife) told me I needed to get the best shop chair I could find to keep me from walking like a cave man when I came in from the shop. Now I am not cheap , but old office chairs used to serve me well in the shop over the years… younger years.

So I bit the bullet and paid a bunch of money for the best chair I could find and after a few hours tonight I am sold… all 32 pounds of my new Vyper industries shop chair.
Looks like a Nice shop chair! Does it have hydraulics like a barber chair? I see it's got a acme screw seat post. Love the foot rail to. I bet price would scare me!😱

Looks like a Nice shop chair! Does it have hydraulics like a barber chair? I see it's got a acme screw seat post. Love the foot rail to. I bet price would scare me!😱
Was available but lose 5 inches of lowering it so opted out and got acme.. now14-24 otherwise 19-24 adjustable. All powder coated made in USA.. hade to use my SAE tools for the first time in a while

Was available but lose 5 inches of lowering it so opted out and got acme.. now14-24 otherwise 19-24 adjustable. All powder coated made in USA.. hade to use my SAE tools for the first time in a while
Yeah I'm a short guy so I would of got the acme version 2. Yeah it's hard to find anything new that takes standard tools these days. Nice addition. Lol if it had arm rails I could see myself taking a lil nap in that throne.

Yeah I'm a short guy so I would of got the acme version 2. Yeah it's hard to find anything new that takes standard tools these days. Nice addition. Lol if it had arm rails I could see myself taking a lil nap in that throne.
Tool holder on bottom rail is option. I may do my own verson. But for now, I like putting my feet on the rail and it does a nice "back crunch" similar to my morning back stretches.

Way nicer than the 70s chromy chair I have that the back keeps falling off.

OP, Nice seat, butt friendly. For others, don't buy the cheapest one at HF. Bought one of those for work and it lasted 2 weeks working correctly. Wheels are crap for rolling around.
46319_W6.jpg

Beside the chair's stability, weight, back rest and comfortable seat, the big casters coast over most shop debris and rides over my foam standing mat as well. The Acme screw has a quick release lock on it so that it does not spin.. you spin the chair on the casters

OP, Nice seat, butt friendly. For others, don't buy the cheapest one at HF. Bought one of those for work and it lasted 2 weeks working correctly. Wheels are crap for rolling around.
46319_W6.jpg
I got that stool, Yeah it needs some help, The wheels came loose
The wheels are actually really good (at least the ones on my HF stool are) They just gotta be secured better with loctite and an extra washer or 2
Typical China Crap ya gotta modify it right outta the box for it to work right:ROFLMAO:
DSCF0329.JPG

DSCF0330.JPG

DSCF0328.JPG

But overall it's lasted me 10 years now, Craftsman has the same stool but for twice the money because it has a logo on it :ROFLMAO:
First thing to fail will be the adjustable height shock,
I had a Craftsman stool before and that's what failed on it, so I bought HF next time

I also got a Craftsman workbench stool , Yeah the Craftsman logo was extra :ROFLMAO:
DSCF0327.JPG

Back