WA laws

Drunk? 3 beers will get you a dui here in CO. I'm not trying to minimize the danger of DUI at all, but on a bicycle? Maybe a PI, I'll never agree to a DUI on a bicycle. Sure you can kill your self, odds of killing another are nill.

The legal blood alcohol contents are so low that a person who doesn't drink can blow over the legal limit with alcohol that is naturally produced in the gut. If a person is driving reckless then write a ticket for careless and imprudent driving, otherwise it has gotten to the point of just arrest anyone now. The legal level is effectively 0 now.

You're right about that, unless you tag a pedestrian, but probably won't kill him. And definitely won't hurt anyone in a cage.

Drunk? 3 beers will get you a dui here in CO. I'm not trying to minimize the danger of DUI at all, but on a bicycle? Maybe a PI, I'll never agree to a DUI on a bicycle. Sure you can kill your self, odds of killing another are nill.

Studies have shown Benadryl is more dangerous than alcohol in closed road coarse tests.

I guess if your riding around on your bicycle drinking a beer ya might get stopped by the Cops.
Other wise what he Hell are ya doing wrong to attract their attention?

guess if your riding around on your bicycle drinking a beer ya might get stopped by the Cops.
Other wise what he Hell are ya doing wrong to attract their attention?

I don't think they will test you. WA gives the cop discretion to decide what he wants to do. He can:
(1) Transport the intoxicated bicycle rider to a safe place; or (2) Release the intoxicated bicycle rider to a competent person, or (3) impound the bike and or take the bicycle rider into protective custody but the law enforcement officer shall not provide the assistance offered if the bicycle rider refuses to accept it. I guess it kinda depends on the cop. But it's not a crime, you will just go into the drunk tank until you sleep it off and get your bike back and be sent on your way.

Last edited:
Back