waiting for my kit to come in

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by steveadicks, Nov 2, 2006.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. steveadicks

steveadicks Guest

its been a week and two days. How long does it take for the kit to come from thats dax? I cant wait. My next step will be finding a bike, either the wall mart chopper or a bike I saw at the flea market for $25. Its an older mountain bike that would fit the kit perfectly. I just cant pick between the two, to either go with the easiest cheapest bike, or the coolest looking.

<
  2. istbenz

istbenz Guest

start with the easy, cheap bike. you'll get all of the bugs worked out and learn a whole lot without jeapordizing the cool looking bike. after you tear up the chaepo, buy the nice one and go to it. :D

3. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

dax makes it pretty clear that there's a 10-day lead time before shipping, i've still got all next week 'fore mine even ships, seems like yours might be about ready to go.

4. Tom

Tom Active Member

Yeah, my first install was pretty sloppy, I put it on a $56 bike, and it eventually fell apart. I took the kit off, got some new nuts and bolts and put it on my robust $100 bike. The second install went way faster as I learned a whole hell of a lot from the first install.

I ordered my kit from dax from ebay and it didnt seem to take more than a week to arrive.

5. I got mine in less than the specified time from dax. I also learned a lot installing the kit on my old school mountain bike. Such as taking off the front derailleur isn't a bad thing to do... and the exhaust gasket it comes with WILL burn through in a few minuites of use....